Join our Financial Management Group as a Finance Manager in our Frankfurt office. You will be part of a team that owns and manages the financial affairs of Macquarie's legal entities in the European Union. This includes bank and investment firm German branches of European entities (France and Ireland). You must be fluent in both German and English, to business-level.
You will be involved in elements of Finance (financial control, financial statements), Treasury (funding/capital/liquidity management, regulatory reporting) and Tax (tax compliance) deliverables. In each of these three components, you will be supported by wider Financial Management Group resources in the EU, the UK, the US and India, or 3 rd party service providers (where required).
You will report to the Head of Finance in Paris and your key responsibilities will include:
- regulatory reporting including internal monitoring of liquidity and capital, and
- external reporting to the German regulators
- keeping abreast of regulatory, legal and/or tax developments impacting Macquarie entities
- liaising with local regulators or authorities; financial control, planning and analysis tasks
- legal entity control (annual financial statements, dividends, and management of external audit)
- tax reporting (review and account for tax returns prepared by a third party)
- monitoring daily capital adequacy, funding and liquidity position of regulated entities
- reviewing new business activities or transactions
- interaction with local third-party services employed to provide specific services (e.g. tax compliance)
- developing relationships with the businesses (Macquarie Capital, Macquarie Asset Management and Commodities & Global Markets) to advise on the balance sheet or P&L impact of new products and strategies within regulated entities.
To be successful, you will have the confidence, drive, and problem-solving skills to innovate and deliver great outcomes.
You will also have:
- a tertiary qualification, preferably in a business/finance/economics or related discipline and with 6 years+ experience within banking and finance in a global financial institution
- advanced software skills (MS Office) and other management reporting applications
- strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to understand and succinctly explain complex data
- is comfortable interacting with business staff and resolving competing priorities
- creative and innovative thinker
- attention to detail
- highly motivated and flexible team player.
If this sounds like your next role, we look forward to hearing from you. About the Financial Management Group
The Financial Management Group provides financial, tax and treasury services to all areas of Macquarie. The group is focused on providing strategic analysis and advice to Macquarie's businesses and senior management, managing Macquarie's funding, liquidity and capital position, ensuring Macquarie continues to meet regulatory and compliance obligations and managing Macquarie's corporate affairs. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
The diversity of our people is one of our greatest strengths, and an inclusive workplace enables us to embrace that diversity to deliver more innovative and sustainable solutions for our people, clients, shareholders and communities. At Macquarie, you'll be encouraged to be yourself and supported to perform at your best. If you're inspired to deliver on our purpose of 'empowering people to innovate and invest for a better future', we want you on our team. If you need adjustments made to the recruitment process, please reach out to your recruiter.
As an inclusive employer, Macquarie does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
Joining Macquarie means you'll be able to work in a way that suits you best. With the right technology, support and resources, our people can work in a range of flexible ways. Talk to us about what working arrangements would help you thrive.