Financial Accountant (French Speaking)
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Invesco Ltd
- 23 Oct 17 2017-10-23
Invesco is a leading global asset management firm with more than $858B* in assets under management. We provide our retail and institutional clients a diverse and comprehensive range of investment capabilities to help people get more out of life. Invesco is publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange (IVZ) and has about 7,000 employees in over 20 countries. (*As of June 30, 2017)
Job Purpose (Job Summary):
The team member is responsible for the financial reporting activities of the French holding company (IAM SA) and its branches. The role holder will be part of the Frankfurt Finance team and assist with activities on other CE entities as required.
The job holder will also partner closely with other finance staff or business heads to complete a great variety of financial tasks as well as support various projects.
This is an excellent opportunity for a fast track qualified accountant to develop a career within a leading global asset manager with a significant EMEA presence partnering with business leaders across the region. Some travel required to Paris, Henley (UK), Dublin and in the future Hyderabad.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Balance sheet and P&L review using HFM; Salary reconciliation
- P&L reconciliation between payroll entries and payroll statements, BS reconciliation between payroll entries and payments
- Preparation of IAM SA annual reports – Financial statutory statements and appendices
- In charge of the preparation of the FEC (Fichier des Ecritures Comptables) with the assistance of tax advisors
- Prepare Belgian quarterly declaration preparation: F01DGS
- Prepare various regulatory reports for the AMF and CBFA
- Preparation of Quarterly Board Packs; update P&L/BS/forecast/capital requirement tables and analysis for the relevant period.
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- University degree in finance and accounting
- Ideally Big 4 trained
- Newly qualified to 2 to 3 years management reporting experience (ideally within the Asset Management industry)
- Very good knowledge of accounting standards (US GAAP/IFRS) with general knowledge of local French GAAP (as detailed knowledge of local GAAP may be supplied by a third party) as well as regulatory and tax background
- Knowledge of French GAAP is a must in this role
- Good knowledge of ERP systems e.g. (Oracle, SAP)
- Computer literate (esp. Excel skills).
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Ability to proactively set and achieve own objectives by requesting support and authorization when and where required or appropriate
- Dedication to accuracy, timeliness and high productivity while working under pressure to meet deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Fluent French speaker with very good command of the English language
- Excellent relationship, team spirit and client oriented.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.