- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Nov 17
Financial Data Associate
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyAs a Financial Data Associate, you will provide and coordinate a global comprehensive ratings processing service to rating analysts and senior management within various issuance products. The successful candidate will be responsible for all work related to a subset of deals which includes:
- Support new deal set-up, data capture (e.g., amendments), lifecycle data maintenance, data quality assurance and tracking support to the rating analysts within the designated Line of Business (LOB)
- Analyze and assess critical legal and contingency provisions within deal documents or pricing supplements
- Responsible for applying rating guidelines to a subset of issuance submitted for rating assignment
- Determine qualification for current published rating or whether further analysis is required by rating analyst
- Facilitate gathering of all required documentation and regularly track news wires/vendors and appropriately flag relevant items/developments related to debt markets.
- Facilitate comprehensive issuance portfolio management and issuer relationship management where needed
- Promptly and efficiently escalate conflicts/problems/database/data inconsistency, or otherwise summarize findings for the analyst
- Perform administrative tasks including but not limited: to data queue management, document request, prepare rating action, publishing ratings, and disclosures consistent with regulatory requirements, internal policies and guidelines for designated LOB support
- Monitor designated mailboxes to ensure timely and effective handling of internal and external client requests
- Interpret and translate lengthy German/Austrian bond documentation into English, accurately translate various Business/Legal terms and clauses to English equivalents, liaise with clients in German to obtain appropriate documentation or resolve issues
- Demonstrate the ability to deal professionally with clients. Delivers high level of service across high volume of transactions
The Rating Desk Services (RDS) under the Rating Transaction Services group provides subsequent transaction management support, workflow coordination, document review and application of ratings services to Moody's Investors Service Rating teams. The department works closely with the lines of business to improve both business process and data quality across the rating lifecycle. The RTS has over 100 employees in 5 countries and is a key player in business process development, new company wide initiatives and technology projects.
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (E.g. Bachelor's degree)
- Fluency in English and Advanced qualification in Business German is essential along with prior experience reviewing German financial documentation.
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Familiarity with debt capital markets preferred (e.g. coursework and/or relevant work experience) with prior experience of financial/legal documentation review
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to complete repetitive process with no error
- Competency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel, Word and Powerpoint.)
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.5 billion in 2015, employs approximately 10,400 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available atwww.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.