- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS Europe SE
Financial Reporting Specialist (m/f)
Are you a motivated self-starter? Do you have know-how in regulatory reporting and accounting? Do you want to work in Finance within Banking? We‘re looking for someone like that to help us:
- support daily run of the bank activities while at the same time supporting internal projects
- ensure complete, accurate and auditable accounting and month end closing (HGB and IFRS)
- systematical analysis of products to ensure that they are recorded correctly in the bank‘s accounts and reported accurate (HGB and IFRS)
- perform plausibility checks, analysis of daily and monthly profit and loss and balance sheet including reconciliations
- investigate, analyze and improve process set-ups
- implement and manage offshore activities and controls
- be engaged to develop and review policies, guidelines and reporting frameworks as well as standard operating procedures
- keep up-to-date with legal, regulatory and procedural changes
You’ll be working in the Financial Reporting Team in Frankfurt, Germany. We are a Finance function covering the Wealth Management, Investment Banking and Asset Management business for UBS Europe SE.
Your experience and skills
- a degree in Accounting/Finance or you are a Certified Accountant
- a minimum of 3 years of experience in the area of Finance as a Financial Accountant and / or Financial Analyst
- experience in working on projects and change initiatives
- in-depth knowledge of the product range of a major internationally operating bank (incl. trading products)
- profound knowledge of HGB and IFRS
- awareness of regulatory and accounting requirements
- strong skills in business intelligence tools, preferably Business Objects
- methodical, concise and accurate, with strong attention to detail
- self-motivated and able to work independently in a challenging environment
- able to apply technical understanding to practical problems
- eager to proactively challenge and improve processes
- fluent in German and English
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That‘s what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world. We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
What we offer
Together. That’s how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance. Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We‘re open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. (Job Reference: 179002BR).