Fund Services Associate - GER
- Not Specified
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.3 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs
Business Unit Overview
BlackRock EMEA GAAPS (Global Accounting and Product Services) is responsible for NAV reporting across EMEA for pooled funds plus audit management and financial statement production. This involves producing accurate and timely NAVs alongside external administrators. The team has 11 members currently.
The function is recruiting for a Real Estate professional within Real Estate (“RE”) Fund Administration. The role includes:
• Ensuring invoices are processed / paid, bank reconciliations are carried out and controls are maintained
• Managing financial reporting and audits, checking property manager data
• Property manager controls and cash (treasury) where applicable
• Accounting / reporting at property and fund level in accordance with IFRS and Local GAAP
• Tax compliance (CIT / NWT) / VAT filing
The associate will join the team responsible for the UK and European Funds. Specific responsibilities include:
• Work with external administrator to ensure accurate accounting records are kept
• Enforcing an effective control environment, identifying improvements to controls and processes.
• Make journal entries in Yardi system and ensure accounting records are accurate.
• Preparation of quarterly reports including supporting schedules.
• Produce financial statements and manage audit to ensure on-time sign off
• Building strong relationships with RE teams including Portfolio Management, Asset Management, Transactions and Investor Relations and support the business needs.
- Knowledge of European Real Estate funds beneficial (e.g. property investment held through Lux Propco / Holdco SPVs.)
- Experience in the financial industry combined with analytical / problem solving skills
- Language skills – German and English required (other languages beneficial)
- Ability to work independently, and handle multiple tasks, plus meet deadlines
- Possess strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Computer literacy (e.g. MS Office, Yardi).
- At least 3 years accounting experience, preferably in property related industry
- Knowledge of reporting on a fair value basis (IFRS)
- Experience in financial statement preparation
- Written / spoken German and English language skills (other languages a bonus)
- Accounting qualification (e.g. ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) preferred but not essential
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.