Do you see yourself standing alone or standing out? Make the difference and join our team!
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 145,700 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
In the framework of the set up of an enlarged Société Générale German tax group and the requirement to strengthen the tax supervision of German entities of Société Générale Group we look for a “Head of Tax Germany (m/f)”.
Head of Tax Germany (m/f)
In this role you will be responsible for all tax related matters affecting the German tax group: Corporate income tax, BsGAV, transfer pricing subjects (within Germany and outside Germany) as well as respective documentation (in corporation with Headquarter and external tax advisor). You will have a strong coordinating role between the German entities, tax authorities and the Société Générale Headquarter in Paris.
Your Main Responsibilities:
- You are responsible for Tax Compliance and ongoing taxation with a focus on group taxation (’Konzernsteuerrecht’), preparing, filing and reviewing of tax returns / tax assessments, tax audits, transfer pricing issues, tax initiatives as well as for tax planning as part of the ongoing work in order to address tax topics within the German part of the group.
- You will do tax reporting and advice with respect to tax accounting and thereby liaise with the Finance Departments of the entities and the Headquarter in Paris.
- You advise and assist various business lines with respect to tax issues of their products and services (e.g. Global Finance, Global Markets etc.).
- You will work on improvement and supervision of the tax risk monitoring: FACTA & CRS, permanent supervision, operational risk, internal tax risk reporting.
- You will be in contact with the German tax authorities and will be responsible for representing SG e.g. in tax committees of professional organizations.
- You will be in charge of animation of the tax network in Germany (e.g. regarding training, recruiting…).
Experience & Technical Skills
- German tax advisor (Steuerberater) with focus on compliance and corporate tax law (“Konzernsteuerrecht”) including knowhow about transfer pricing
- 10 or more years of professional experience in a comparable role, with ground experience and management experience
- Knowledge in preparing financial statements in German GAAP
- Experience in project management
- Very good analytical skills
- Good command of MS Office applications und accounting tools
- Fluency in German (written and orally) is required; English and French would be of advantage
Personal Skills & Competencies
- Being able to work in a team (also in virtual teams)
- Having good self-and time management skills
- Being pro-active and initiative taking
- Showing tenacity, high quality and result orientation
- Being able to work under pressure
- Having the ability to estimate risk
- Displaying managerial skills, i.e. being able to coordinate team members and to educate/guide more junior and/or new team members
- Very good communication and negotiation skills (written and orally)
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.