Institutional Product Strategy Director
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Franklin Templeton Investments
- 03 Oct 17 2017-10-03
The primary objective will be to act as a strategic partner to EMEA IAS Leadership, focusing on influencing institutional product strategy for the EMEA region. The role will help ensure the organization excels in providing high quality products that address client needs through research and product development efforts, product positioning, and product placement within global portfolios.
The position will require a high level institutional knowledge and expertise across EMEA markets, have decision making authority, specifically in determining product gaps, recommending and championing new products / capabilities and pricing strategies, product positioning and training, recommending products to consultants and institutional clients as well as in new product design
- Strategise and roadmap product ranges to capture product and market opportunities, sourcing for innovative product ideas, conducting market competitiveness analysis, identifying opportunities and recommending new product ideas suitable for institutional investors
- Develop new products by partnering and collaborating with senior executives within EMEA sales and client service professionals
- Support the gathering and retention of assets by providing strategic perspective on assessing business and product needs, negotiating and addressing pricing issues, and recommending product and pricing strategy
- Meet with clients and gatekeepers to evaluate investment needs, vet new product ideas, solicit feedback and provide product, vehicle and pricing solutions
- Attend client meetings/ due diligence meetings/ conferences as the institutional product strategist representing Franklin Templeton EMEA. Present on institutional market trends, product development themes, and product innovation
- Provide investment content, training and presentations on these topics to senior management, relevant sales staff and external clients.
- Position new products and solutions relative to institutional channels globally through internal written positioning papers, developing and delivering product training, and partnering with marketing to provide specific materials/messages
- Ensure that all institutional products and services remain in compliance with all regulatory requirements globally and appropriate remediation of any issues identified
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business or Economics - MBA a plus
- 8 to 10 yours of professional experience within Financial Institutional area
- Significant industry experience working with institutional clients across different European jurisdictions
- Excellent product knowledge and investment expertise gained in a product management / development role for an asset manager or an Insurer or a consulting firm with EMEA coverage
- Knowledge of Franklin Templeton's distribution channels, strategy and capabilities, particularly in EMEA markets, offshore markets a plus
- Deep understanding of alternative investments a strong plus, including hedge funds, private equity, managed futures, long short equity and debt strategies outcome oriented solutions, etc.
- Expert working knowledge of the EMEA market and market trends and the international institutional markets and market trends
- Very strong institutional channel expertise and client segment knowledge (across EMEA and abroad)
- Exceptional relationship management skills with senior leaders across the organisation, particularly sales and client service professionals
- Exceptional leadership skills
- Deep understanding of various European Fund regimes (SIFs, QIS, PAIFs, Tax Transparent vehicles etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of markets, products, techniques and regulations (eg. Solvency II, Pension regimes in the UK, France, Netherlands etc.)
- Understanding of multiple regulatory requirements for institutional products globally
- Proven success in representing institutional products and concepts to senior management and peers
- Excellent verbal and written English skills; other European languages are preferred
- Excellent communication skills
Travel within region and occasional travel outside of region.