Institutional Sales Associate
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo
- 05 Oct 18
Wells Fargo provides middle market, large corporate and financial institution customers with a range of international solutions, including treasury management, credit, payments, financing, foreign exchange, and trade services. Wells Fargo operates from 42 countries and territories outside of the U.S., including branches in Beijing, Cayman Islands, Dubai International Financial Center (DIFC), Hong Kong, London, Seoul.
The Wells Fargo Asset Management Team based in Frankfurt is seeking to recruit a highly proficient Sales Associate to provide comprehensive sales support to the German/Austrian business development team. The role encompasses all aspects of institutional sales support, involving considerable co-ordination of team activities and close co-ordination with the sales teams and client relationship teams to effectively service our mutual clients and build new business.
This opportunity will be based in our Frankfurt office.
(Note: In addition to these functions employees are required to carry out such other duties as may reasonably be required).
- Provides support of Institutional Business Development Directors in new sales and client retention activities
- Assists the Directors in planning for market penetration and deepening of relationships via strategy and business plans and assists in identifying ways to add value to relationships
- Effectively maintaining the CRM system in terms of prospect and sales information, keep accurate records and run periodic progress reports
- Managing distribution of periodic marketing collateral
- Coordinates, prepares for and may host onsite visits
- Developing presentations/preparing marketing and service material taking compliance implications into consideration
- Preparing portfolio performance and competitive analysis, interpret data and make recommendations to Institutional Sales Directors and/or prospects regarding investment teams, products, and/or market segments to target
- Develop a strong working knowledge of the team’s client base and products offered.
- Preparing monthly and quarterly reports, commentaries and portfolio review materials
- Managing the prospect questionnaire process collaborating with various internal parties
- Partners with sales, portfolio managers, product specialists and/or client relations staff for all support activities for relationships.
- Initiating and supporting the on boarding process for new clients via consultants partnering with multiple internal groups
- Responsible for various projects including identifying resources, establishing timeframe and managing to milestones.
- May identify opportunities to streamline processes and procedures providing for more efficient and timely execution of team tasks
- May assist with various administrative duties
- Proven experience of institutional quality sales support, equivalent relationship management support, or a combination of both.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal & written
- Excellent level competency and confidence in IT skills
- Ability to work independently, to prioritize and exercise time management
- A strong sense of professional and personal integrity and high ethical standards
- Demonstration of initiative, accountability and focus on quality
- Degree educated
- Investment management qualification and or CFA/CAIA/CIIA designation or working towards the CFA designation
- Professional German and English language skills
This role is deemed a Controlled Function:
Financial Conduct Authority Controlled Function (CF30)
Wells Fargo team members who deal with customers or customers’ property, and whose responsibilities include:
- advising on investments
- dealing in investments
- arranging deals in investments; and/or
- managing investments
Must be approved by the Financial Conduct Authority (the “FCA”) to hold a CF30 function i.e. the team member must become a CF30 approved person.
To qualify as a CF30 approved person, a team member must be able to demonstrate to the FCA, on a continuous basis, that he/she is fit and proper to perform such a controlled function. In particular, a team member must demonstrate that he/she has the following attributes:
- honesty, integrity and reputation;
- competence and capability; and
- financial soundness.
As a CF30 approved person, a team member must at all times adhere to the following FCA Statements of Principles for Approved Persons:
- act with integrity in carrying out his/her responsibilities;
- act with due skill, care and diligence in carrying out his/her responsibilities, observe proper standards of market conduct in carrying out his/her responsibilities;
- and deal with the FCA and other regulators in an open and cooperative way, and disclose appropriately any information of which the FCA would reasonably expect notice.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.