Junior Financial Data Analyst - Fluency in German is essential
Job Description Financial Data Analysts at Bureau van Dijk work both independently and as a team supporting the Moody's Analytics BankFocus business. The role functions to provide both external client product support as well as internal team-based responsibilities to ensure the consistency and integrity of the bank financial data set in the product. An important element of the work of the group is to be the first level support for the company's clients and to explain product features and functionality.
- The Financial Data Analyst uses financial and accounting knowledge, and judgement, to validate, review and analyse bank financial data as a subject matter expert.
- Maintain working knowledge of bank regulatory requirements combined with an understanding of bank financial reporting practices for assigned coverage
- Take ownership of client issues, liaising directly with stakeholders across the Bureau van Dijk organization; address client needs in a timely manner
- Comprehend and interpret financial data from multiple sources, be able to explain bank financial spreading practices and product features at a practical level
- Take ownership of structured feed ingestion for assigned coverage
- Analyse, organize, refine and deliver bank financial data solutions to clients, supporting the development and implementation of product enhancements
- Work on ad hoc data mapping projects when required
- Provide insight and feedback to improve the spreading of bank financial statements and quality control processes
- Work with the product management and development teams to implement process and product enhancements
- Undergraduate/first-level degree (e.g., Bachelor's) or graduate/second-level degree (e.g. Master's) with an emphasis on banking, accounting, finance or economics or related quantitative field preferred.
- Fluency in German and English (French would be an added advantage)
- Relevant work experience highly-preferred in a customer-facing and/or banking accounting role
- Exposure to banking, credit and/or financial industry preferred.
- Strong customer service attitude with good interpersonal skills
- Prior experience working with analyzing bank financial statement and/or banking accounting preferred
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Strong analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative, enthusiasm to learn, excel and be a part of a dynamic team.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to work independently.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.