Legal, Real Estate Attorney, Vice President, Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Goldman Sachs International
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
See job description for details
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB WHO WE ARE
The Goldman Sachs Group is a bank holding company and a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Goldman Sachs provides a wide range of services worldwide to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and high net worth individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Bengaluru and other major financial centers around the world.
DEPARTMENT OVERVIEW & OPPORTUNITY
The Corporate Real Estate Legal (CREL) team, which is part of the Finance and Corporate Legal Group, manages all legal matters for the Corporate Real Estate team in the Services division of Goldman Sachs. Together we acquire, develop, manage and operate the firm's global 14 million square foot real estate portfolio and are responsible for real estate transactions, capital projects, and related services.
CREL handles all legal matters relating to real estate development activities, leasing transactions, acquisitions / disposals, design and construction contracts, and related real estate contracts. CREL also collaborates closely with professionals throughout the firm, as well as outside counsel and external service providers. The position will be situated in Frankfurt. Core functions of this new role include supporting the CREL team in its management of legal services for real estate leasing activities in the EU and in EMEA. The successful candidate will report (i) functionally to the Managing Director, Global Lead Counsel for CREL based in New York responsible for all global real estate portfolio activities, and (ii) locally to the Managing Director, General Counsel of Goldman Sachs AG.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities:
- Review and draft a wide variety of commercial real estate documents, including commercial leases, licenses and brokerage agreements, site logistics agreements, acquisitions and sales, sale / leaseback agreements, agreements for fit-out works, real estate agreements in connection with corporate M&A transactions, and maintaining appropriate forms of key documents governing real estate contracting
- Review title reports and ancillary transaction documents; respond to lease notices and estoppel letter requests
- Review and monitor letters of credit, guarantees, performance bonds, collateral warranties, planning and building regulations notices and approvals, and relevant firmwide policies
- Review and maintain library of contract templates and manage CREL's online shared document library, including updating templates and related source documents
- Responsibility for periodic regulatory, corporate entity reporting and corporate housekeeping matters related to real estate entities
- Review and advise on intellectual property and contractual related matters, in collaboration with divisional and other specialist lawyers
- Coordinate procedural steps toward the creation of streamlined processes to facilitate contracting / claim resolution in accordance with contractual requirements
- Liaise and coordinate with other relevant groups throughout the firm, including Legal, Corporate Risk, Compliance, Controllers, Tax, etc. and ensuring that Goldman Sachs' standard provisions are incorporated into all transaction documents
- Management of day-to-day internal corporate authorizations and procedural matters and interact with the business teams to address routine legal issues as they arise in day-to-day activities
- Uphold the firm's principles, business controls, ethics, policies and procedures, professional standards and reputation
- Demonstrable commercial real estate transactional/development experience (minimum of 3-5 years PQE) gained in private practice with a top tier law firm and / or with a sophisticated real estate development company
- Excellent organizational, drafting and communication skills; ability to multi-task across competing priorities; demonstrated commitment to excellence, focus and results
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to build and maintain strong relationships with relevant business groups within the firm; ability to work with a team of diverse individuals; ability to work collaboratively and willingness to be part of a legal team that is dispersed geographically; excellent presentation / project management skills
- Highly motivated and proactive; ability to respond creatively and quickly in a fast-paced, high-pressure, changing environment; takes ownership of projects and has a strong work ethic; problem-solver
- Excellent judgment and ability to assess risks; strong ability to take definitive positions to protect corporate and reputational interests; keen business acumen and personal integrity
- Excellent academic credentials and references
At Goldman Sachs, you will have access to excellent training programmes designed to improve multiple facets of your skills portfolio. Our in-house training programme, 'Goldman Sachs University', offers a comprehensive series of courses that you will have access to as your career progresses. Goldman Sachs University has an impressive catalogue of courses which span technical, business and leadership skills training.
In order to help you navigate the organisation, you will be assigned a mentor from outside of your immediate department. This person will be positioned to provide you with objective advice and guidance on your career development.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2018. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.