Operations Manager, Leading Pan-European Fund, Frankfurt, Germany
This is a new position with an established European private equity firm, responsible for optimising value in DACH portfolio assets. The firm has a 25+ year record, raised over ₠4bn in their current fund and is currently ranked top of its peer group in industry tables, having developed a highly distinctive culture and a stable, top-performing investment team.
They are now extending their existing team of operational experts into the German office, to identify value creation opportunities across four broad areas that the value creation will focus on; Sales & Commercial, Digital & AI, M&A and Post Merger Integration and Cost Efficiency Programs. Planning, measuring, reporting, resource allocation and continuous relationship management will be important tools.
The role will combine intensive periods of collaboration with individual company management, and additional firm-wide projects and initiatives. There is considerable scope for ambitious and entrepreneurial individuals to develop an exciting career within this team at fund level or operationally within the firm's portfolio companies. The position will be based in Frankfurt with exposure to diverse DACH assets as the portfolio grows, and to the firm's wider European network. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Helping build trustful and effective relationships with portfolio management teams and develop influencing skills to achieve the value creation objectives
- Supporting detailed strategic and operational planning to identify specific work streams and resource allocation to convert ideas into sustainable practice and results
- Continuous measurement and feedback, ongoing project management and reporting
- Work alongside colleagues in the investment and operations team over the lifetime of the investment to deliver maximum value to investors at the point of exit
- You will have started your career at a leading consulting firm, with significant experience in strategic planning, project management and change management
- You may also have spent time, either on secondment or in a later permanent role, in a mid-sized, entrepreneurial company with exposure to operational management
- You must demonstrate a high level of numerical prowess with financial and operational data and the ability to set, measure and control detailed targets
- The role requires a balance between a structured, detailed approach and the flexibility to adapt as circumstances change. Central to this are communication skills and empathy, the emotional intelligence to earn the right to influence portfolio management teams
- Native level German and very high fluency in English are essential, together with an international mindset, evidenced by past experience working in different cultures