Principal Internal Auditor
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- European Central Bank
- 13 Aug 18 2018-08-13
Type of contract: Fixed-term contract which may be converted into a permanent contract after three years subject to individual performance and organisational needs
Who can apply: EU nationals
Salary: H band and benefits
Working time: Full-time
Place of work: Frankfurt, Germany
Closing date for applications: Tuesday, 21 August 2018
You will be part of the Directorate Internal Audit. Our Directorate has 34 staff and is responsible for providing independent and objective assurance and consulting services for ECB tasks, under the direct responsibility of the Executive Board.
In your role as Principal Auditor, you will be part of a team of eight members of staff responsible for the auditing of all ECB supervisory activities conducted under the Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM).
The SSM is Europe’s banking supervision system. It comprises the ECB and the national supervisory authorities of the participating countries.
To further enhance the diversity of our team, we particularly encourage applications from female candidates.
As a Principal Auditor, you will:
- plan, coordinate and execute audit missions relating to the ECB’s banking supervision responsibilities;
- prepare audit programmes, carry out the required fieldwork, coordinate work within the team, draft audit reports and effectively communicate the results of audit work;
- contribute to the development of audit methodologies, policies and procedures to ensure adequate coverage of relevant risk areas, and prepare reports, analysis and notes on internal controls, risk management and governance issues within the ECB/ESCB;
- liaise with other business areas across the ECB, as well as national central banks and national competent authorities within the Eurosystem/ESCB, in the conduct of audit missions, the following-up of audit recommendations and the performance of risk/internal control assessments.
This position offers you excellent opportunities to develop professionally at a European institution, auditing the dynamic area of banking supervision and contributing to Europe’s banking union project. You will be part of a multicultural team that strives for continuous innovation to make a positive impact on the lives of European citizens.
Qualifications, experience and skills
- a master’s degree or equivalent in finance (https://www.ecb.europa.eu/careers/before-you-apply/html/index.en.html), business administration, financial economics, law or another relevant field.;
- in addition, a minimum of six years’ professional experience, at least four of which should have involved internal or external auditing of financial institutions or banking supervision at the ECB or a national competent authority;
- sound knowledge of banking regulation, banking activities and the supervisory framework for financial institutions in Europe;
- sound knowledge of the audit function and its role in the governance of financial institutions;
- an advanced/mastery-level command of English, with outstanding drafting ability, and an intermediate command of at least one other official language of the EU;
- an advanced working knowledge of MS Office.
- relevant professional qualifications (e.g. chartered accountant, certified internal auditor, chartered financial analyst, financial risk manager, etc.).
You engage collaboratively with others. You pursue team goals and learn willingly from other people’s diverse perspectives. You signal any need for change by explaining it and proposing alternative solutions. You analyse complex information effectively and can evaluate different views to arrive at solutions. You know and anticipate stakeholder needs. You are skilled at encouraging people to develop their abilities and are able to build up high-performing teams.
The formal title for this position will be Principal Auditor.
For additional information you have the opportunity to contact the recruiting managers. Claudia Mann can be contacted on Friday, 20 July between 10:00 and 11:00 on +49 (0)69 1344 1945, and Alejandro Alvarez can be contacted on Tuesday, 31 July between 10:00 and 11:00 on +49 (0)69 1344 7840.
The recruitment process for this position may include an online test, a remote written exercise and/or a remote interview at the pre-screening stage and – if you are invited to participate further in the selection procedure – an on-site written exercise, a presentation, and peer and panel interviews.
Application and selection process
For further information on how to apply, please click the Apply Button.