This position can be part-time or full-time.
Transaction Surveillance Solutions is an integral part of Cash Management and has been established as a first line of defence function to build appropriate controls to ensure regulatory compliance, and open up business opportunities by (i) improving the effectiveness and efficiency of existing controls, (ii) supporting the design and implementation of new/existing Business Products & Services and (iii) development of Transaction Surveillance owned Products & Services, as well as (iv) active industry and regulatory shaping and positioning of Deutsche Bank.
- The Product Manager Fraud Scenario Modelling and Governance is responsible to identify, evaluate and derive required actions related to existing and new fraud scenarios. Key Responsibilities:
- Jointly with colleagues in AFC, Transaction Surveillance, Operations and IT identify relevant fraud scenarios impacting our business and define appropriate responses
- Define meaningful KPIs to measure the effectiveness and efficiency of an individual control and the entire control portfolio
- Guide the modelling and tuning experts in IT to focus on the right priorities in their analysis work, size the development work and provide input for economic prioritization
- Support the setup of a robust Governance Framework for Fraud Detection in Cash Management (e.g. Fraud Management Committee, Modelling & Tuning Board)
- Participate in vendor discussions and PoC continuously striving to improve the current setup
- Create meaningful MI related to the effectiveness and the efficiency of CB Cash Fraud Detection services
Your skills and experiences:
- A degree in computer science, mathematics or physics is beneficial
- Experience in AI model definition and tuning
- Sound project management, organizational skills and the ability to understand and transpose complex topics in a comprehensible manner to others
- Excellent strategic and analytical thinking skills combined with the ability to collaborate well with range of people across divisions, including senior stakeholders
- Strong communication skills with ability to lead and advise key stakeholders in English and preferably also German language skills
Contact: Amrita Heeg, Tel.Nr.: 069/ 91043841
Our values define the working environment we strive to create – diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.