Ratings Desk Associate
Job Description As a Ratings Desk Associate, you will provide and coordinate a global comprehensive ratings processing service to Rating Analysts within various issuance products. The successful candidate will be responsible for all work related to a subset of deals which includes:.
- Review lengthy debt documents and rating relevant provisions within the deal documents or pricing supplements
- Responsible for applying various rules, guidelines & procedures to a subset of issuance submitted for rating assignment
- Determine qualification using defined criteria for current published rating or whether analysis is required by Lead Analyst
- Facilitate gathering of all required documentation and regularly track news wires/vendors and appropriately flag relevant items / developments related to the debt markets.
- Continue to develop broad based knowledge of financial instruments, policies, and related business practices
- Facilitate comprehensive issuance portfolio management and issuer relationship management where needed
- Promptly & efficiently escalate, identify and research issuance, discrepancies, conflicts or otherwise & summarize findings for the Lead Analyst
- As part of the rating process, associate may interact with issuers, investors and intermediaries
- Provide professional and prompt resolution related to inquiries for both internal & external clients
- Willing to accept new challenges and demonstrates flexibility with last minute changes in commitments and deadlines
- Minimum undergraduate degree (e.g., Bachelor's degree)
- Fluent or equivalent German language skills for reading, written and spoken (o review German legal documents)
- Demonstrates strong knowledge of MS programs including: Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Ability to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Familiarity with debt capital markets preferred (e.g. coursework and/or relevant work experience) with prior experience of financial/legal documentation review
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.