Senior Associate - Secondaries, Co-Investments, Fund of Funds - Frankfurt
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany Frankfurt am Main Hessen DE
- Permanent, Full time
- Arkesden Private Equity
- 22 Jun 18 2018-06-22
Our client is a leading US PE firm who are seeking a senior associate for their investments team in Frankfurt. This team concentrates on Secondaries, Fund of Funds, and Co-investments. They will also consider Junior Associates and VPs. Individuals must speak German and English; they can come from any of investment banking, transaction services, or previous investments experience.
Our client is a leading independent alternative investment manager with currently US$11.3 billion in assets under management in private equity and real estate. Our client's core objective is to develop and deliver solutions in private equity and real estate that meet client specific investment requirements.
In both asset classes, our client seeks to leverage its global network, investment experience and the business relationships of our local teams on the ground. With professional teams based in Europe, North America and Asia, we seek to be our clients’ advisor of choice in the markets where we operate.
Our client is currently seeking a Senior Associate to join our Private Equity investment team in Frankfurt. The successful candidate will be responsible for the evaluation and execution of secondary private equity investments and will also have the opportunity to work on primary and co-investment transactions. The Sr. Associate will be expected to source transactions, analyze investments, execute deals and assist in fundraising efforts in the North American market.
Specific job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Sourcing and leading due diligence efforts on secondary, primary and co-investment private equity transactions
- Forming an independent opinion about the attractiveness of an investment opportunity and effectively communicating and defending that position both verbally and in written form
- Monitoring the performance of our clients existing fund managers and portfolio companies
- Developing a personal network to source new investments and assist in a deeper understanding of existing investments
- Analyzing different market factors and their impact on our client's strategy and making recommendations given the current environment and future expectations
- Training and mentoring junior team members
- Attending conferences and annual meetings
- Presenting investment memos to the Investment Committee
- Conducting ad-hoc tasks related to product reporting, market research, internal requests and marketing efforts
- 5+ years of investment experience within private equity, transaction services or investment banking
- Proven ability to represent the firm in written and interpersonal communications
- Strong technical and analytical capabilities, including excellent valuation and modeling skills
- An ability to manage projects independently and to completion
- Competitive base and performance based bonus