- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
Senior Vice President Corporate Finance Group – (Investment and Speculative Grade and / or Real Estate Focus)
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Role / Responsibilities:
We have an opportunity for an experienced Vice President within Corporate Finance to be responsible for the ongoing credit assessment of a complex and high profile portfolio of corporate speculative grade and investment grade issuers based in Europe, Middle East and Africa. The ideal candidate will be recognized as an authority by issuers and investors at individual credit and industry levels.
- Perform and present at commitees in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis on issuers in a portfolio of corporate entities
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative assessment of financial statements and economic/market data, as well as intensive analysis of bond indentures, liquidity agreements, official statements and other legal documents
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the assigned sector and take thought leadership initiatives to enhance our analytics and high quality research impact
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with Senior Management at some of the world's largest institutions
- Harmonize analytical approaches & implement new policies & procedures where necessary in close cooperation with Senior Management and Risk Credit Officer
- Involvement in ensuring team complies with credit and compliance/regulatory policy issues / procedures and best practises
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends, including annual credit reports, periodic credit opinion reports, special comments and short articles on current topics as well as proactively identify relevant topics for research and review draft research producst of team members
- Oversee strategic relationships with issuers, intermediaries and regulators; interacts frequently based upon industry and topical research written.
- Conducts outreach events/intermediary briefings, one-on-one investor meetings and interviews with the press.
- Coach and develop support associates
Few opportunities arise that provide the combination of flexibility, responsibility and discretion in running your own portfolio, with the level of access to senior management in issuers and investors that you find as an Analyst at Moody's.
Operating across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, you will have immediate exposure, visibility and impact, whilst working on real cases where the application of your skills and expertise have an impact in financial markets.
Analysts at Moody's develop in-depth sector and company knowledge and are directly responsible for developing and raising the profile of the team externally through thought-leading research, participation in conferences and boardroom interaction with issuers and investors.
Moody's flat hierarchy ensures that Analyst's roles are broad and deep. When you combine that breadth and scope with the collegiate atmosphere, international environment with the high quality of talent in the business, it is a truly rewarding working experience that will stretch your abilities and challenge your talents.
As a global company, Moody's provides an excellent personal and career development platform to grow your career and develop your analytical expertise across geographies, businesses and sectors. As an organisation that values experience, there is a vast resource of knowledge within the business that can support your learning objectives, in parallel to the structured learning and development process.
- Significant credit/risk assessment experience including strong financial analysis experience, cash flow analysis and cash flow based lending techniques gained from a financial institution or audit firm
- Strong knowledge and experience of corporate investment grade and high yield debt markets and an understanding of the key issues affecting these markets/the main players and key industry drivers
- Knowledge of the Real Estate sector would be advantageous
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both verbally and in writing with some public speaking experience
- Strong understanding of loan/bond and other associated documentation, and experience of reviewing such
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Strong academic background at least equivalent to MSc in relevant areas
- CIMA /ACCA/CFA professional qualification would be highly beneficial
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in German would be advantageous.
- Willingness to travel across the EMEA region
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.