- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Temporary, Part time
- 19 Mar 18
Summer Associate 2018 - Frankfurt (German Speaker) - Moody's Investors Service
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, GermanyThe Moody's Summer Associate internship program is targeted at students in their penultimate year at university. After completion of the programme successful candidates may receive offers to join Moody's at full time positions after university graduation.
The Summer Associate will contribute to Ratings & Research Support (RRS) teams, by providing a range of analytical support. This role will provide the opportunity to work with a range of credit professionals in an open and accessible environment.
The role requires strong numerical and financial analysis skills. A solid accounting or statistics background is also preferable. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate their ability to work effectively in a team environment. The ideal candidate for this role will possess strong organizational skills, have a keen eye for detail, and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment.
The Summer Associate position provides a unique opportunity to develop skills that are valuable to any future career in the financial services industry. This will be an internally facing role, reporting into the RRS Team Manager.
The Summer Associate will be assigned to one of the following rating groups:
- Corporate Finance Group
- Financial Institutions Group
- Structured Finance Group
- Infrastructure & Project Finance Group
- Sub-Sovereign Group
- Sovereign & Supranational Group
- Participate in case studies designed to further analytical understanding
- Collect data and identify trends to support well thought out credit conclusions
- Prepare financial spreadsheets, charts and presentations
- Responsible for monitoring media outlets for news regarding special projects or portfolios
- Provide analytical and research support to the rating teams
- Contribute to creation of high quality research publications
The Ratings & Research Support department is responsible for producing analytical inputs in support of Moody's Ratings and Research function. In addition, this department provides support for surveillance requirements and partner with R&R to provide the necessary support for issuer and investor interactions.
- Studying towards undergraduate/ first level degree (e.g. Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent qualifications) in Finance, Accounting, Economics, Statistics, or another quantitative field
- Good accounting or statistics background (e.g., through coursework, CFA (or equivalent), or relevant work experience) and strong analytical skills
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of MS Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Solid verbal, written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and manage own workflow, to adapt to a changing environment and prioritize tasks accordingly
- Keen attention to detail
- Fluency in both English and German is essential. Knowledge of other European languages is highly desired, especially French, Spanish and Italian
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.