Do you see yourself standing alone or standing out? Make the difference and join our team!
Société Générale is one of the largest European financial services groups. Based on a diversified universal banking model, the Group combines financial solidity with a strategy of sustainable growth, and aims to be the reference for relationship banking, recognized on its markets, close to clients, chosen for the quality and commitment of its teams. More than 145,700 employees, based in 67 countries, accompany 31 million clients throughout the world on a daily basis.
We are looking for an VP Corporate Finance (M&A) (m/f) at the next possible date.
Take your chance and join our Team at our SG Branch in Frankfurt
VP Corporate Finance (M&A) (m/f)
As a Corporate Finance (M&A) VP you will work directly with senior bankers in country, industry and coverage teams on the origination and execution of Investment Banking mandates and in particular M&A projects.
Your Main Responsibilities:
Depending on the level of experience a candidate already has, he/she will be involved/lead in the below tasks with an increasing level of responsibility:
- Preparation of M&A and cross-product client pitches
- Target analysis and / or buyer’s acquisition capacity analysis
- Side by side analysis, combination analysis, EPS analysis
- Company valuations using market multiples, DCF and LBO method
- Knowledge transfer to and quality control / coaching of junior team members
- Responsibility on staffing of junior team members
- Execution responsibility of specific project tasks
- Help to develop transaction structures / structured solutions
- Be a key team member in day to day project execution work
- Keep up to date about M&A, equity and debt related issues
- Strong involvement in origination
- Liaise with (product and industry sector) experts typically based in Frankfurt, London, Paris and/or New York in the dedicated SG Corporate Finance sector teams and Business Lines
Experience & Technical Skills
- Very good Bachelor or Master’s degree in Finance or Business Administration
- Ideally 6 years relevant work experience specifically in M&A executing transactions with a leading bank or advisory house
- Very strong technical / analytical skills
- Direct experience with transactions in German-speaking region is an advantage
- Excellent command and superior user knowledge of usual IT and research applications, like MS Office, especially Excel and PowerPoint and respectively Bloomberg/CapitalIQ/Datastream/Reuters
- Fluency in both German and English is essential, working knowledge of French would be beneficial
Personal Skills & Competencies
- A highly motivated and reliable self-starter
- High commercial awareness and strong origination capabilities
- Willingness to learn and develop junior team members
- Well organized with very good attention to detail
- Self-confident personality
- Pro-active team player
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong innovation and problem solving skills
At Société Générale, we believe our people are our strength and are core to the success of our business. As such, we search for, recruit and appoint the best available person on the basis of aptitude and ability, regardless of sex, nationality or ethnic origin.
If you feel you have the required experience and qualifications, thrive on a challenge and want to become a part of a dedicated and driven team that strives for success, then please apply with a CV, cover letter and work certificates.