Vice President - Institutional Sales Germany - ETF and Index Investment
- Frankfurt am Main, Hessen, Germany
- Permanent, Full time
- 16 Nov 17 2017-11-16
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that
BlackRock is a global leader in investment management, risk management and advisory services for institutional and retail clients. At December 31, 2016, BlackRock’s AUM was $5.1 trillion. BlackRock helps clients around the world meet their goals and overcome challenges with a range of products that include separate accounts, mutual funds, iShares® (exchange-traded funds), and other pooled investment vehicles. BlackRock also offers risk management, advisory and enterprise investment system services to a broad base of institutional investors through BlackRock Solutions®. As of December 31, 2016, the firm had approximately 13,000 employees in more than 30 countries and a major presence in global markets, including North and South America, Europe, Asia, Australia and the Middle East and Africa. For additional information, please visit the Company’s website at www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock_news | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock\
iShares® is a global leader in exchange-traded funds (ETFs), with more than a decade of expertise and commitment to individual and institutional investors of all sizes. With over 700 funds globally across multiple asset classes and strategies and more than $1 trillion in assets under management as of September 30, 2016, iShares helps clients around the world build the core of their portfolios, meet specific investment goals and implement market views. iShares funds are powered by the expert portfolio and risk management of BlackRock
The BlackRock EII Institutional Sales Team in Germany is seeking a high-energy, motivated and experienced Sales person (Vice President) based in Frankfurt. The Vice president is responsible for the development of existing relationships and the growth of the client book in the pensions segment in Germany. The incumbent will focus on delivering passive products and solutions – ETFs and Index funds – to a sophisticated and diverse client segment, thereby growing BlackRock’s passive asset management market share in Germany.
The role will need to employ a wide variety of direct and indirect sales strategies, working closely with many other BlackRock teams such as Portfolio Management, Capital Markets, marketing, Product Development, Institutional client business Group and the broader EII European and Global teams.
- Development and execution of a clear strategy for the Pensions Segment in line with the Head of EII Institutional Germany. This involves strategic account planning, identifying new opportunities for iShares business development and communicating the strategy to all stakeholders.
- Responsibility for delivering against strategy, evaluating and contributing to strategy alterations in response to changing business conditions.
- Responsibility for delivering against annual target of net new assets
- Acquisition of new clients and sourcing of projects to expand the use of BlackRock’s passive offering (linked to asset raising, call and meeting targets)
- Close cooperation with client service analysts and partner groups to deliver the unique BlackRock value proposition
- Manage day to day business flow and deliver service excellence (pre-trade guidance, product comparisons, cost analytics)
- Collaboration and information sharing with other iShares and BlackRock sales teams globally
- Comply with all regulatory and legal standards
- Master of Business Administration, Economics, Finance or an equal professional experience, CFA or similar qualification is an advantage
- Understanding of product set – both ETFs and competitive landscape of delta 1 products.
- Proven experience in selling investment products to sophisticated investors and managing senior client relationships
- Ability to take account ownership and strategically develop relationships; position investment ideas and other value-added services generating sales and assets
- Strong understanding of capital markets and the German pension landscape specifically
- Outgoing nature who puts client-interest first and likes to work in a highly dynamic and challenging environment
- The individual must be an energetic self-starter with professional pride and a commitment to excellence and improvement; she or he is a team player with a “can-do” attitude and a pragmatic flexibility; further, the successful candidate will be organized and entrepreneurial, possessing exceptional verbal and written communication in German and English