Assoc Dir. Relationship Management Germany
Whether you're an investment professional, an expert in sales or a technology specialist, you'll find a culture at MFS that supports you in doing what you do best. Our employees work together to reach better outcomes, always favoring the strongest idea over the strongest individual. We put people first and show care and compassion for our community and each other. Because what we do matters - to us as valued professionals and to the millions of people and institutions who rely on us to help them build more secure and prosperous futures. Job Description PURPOSE
- Using discretion and judgment, acts as relationship manager for MFSI clients in Germany. Develops and maintains a close and direct relationship with the client. Gathers and retains assets from new and existing clients.
- To focus working on developing and maintaining systematic touch points and processes for tactical out-reach to all prospects in an effort to develop new business aligned with the strategic initiatives of the firm
- Acts as the primary contact for clients regarding all aspects of the relationship with MFS in Germany. Maintains, expands, and communicates knowledge of all client's needs, concerns and overall satisfaction with MFS, through frequent contact (direct, written, and oral) and portfolio review meetings. Provides same services to client consultants, as necessary.
- Retains and gathers new assets from existing clients.
- Gathers new clients, specifically targeting funds up to $1bn.
- Assists in the development of the sales plan and marketing efforts and in prospecting and reaching out to institutional investors in Germany.
- Educates client on multi-service capabilities of MFS; keeps client informed of products and enhancements within MFS, relevant industry information and developments in financial markets.
- Anticipates and develops opportunities to expand and strengthen the relationship. Know client's evolving and changing investment needs and initiate action to capitalize on them. Involves other MFSI personnel as necessary in this process.
- Anticipates risks to the relationships, take steps to protect them, and keeps manager appraised.
- Interacts with other MFS departments (Sales, Client Service, Relationship Management, Investment, Legal, Accounting, Compliance) to ensure that client needs are being met at all levels.
- Works with transition team to smoothly establish new relationships.
- Oversees all aspects of preparation for client reviews and leads meetings.
- Prepares and conducts quarterly or semi-annual portfolio updates and reviews along with Institutional Portfolio Managers.
- Keeps appropriate parties (Sales, Marketing, Portfolio Management, MFSI Management) abreast of client needs and developments to ensure that goals are met.
- Maintains full understanding and file of client's business and executive personnel, financial, competitive and technological development. Updates CRM system as appropriate with all client details (contacts, meetings, history, client plans and key initiatives).
- Works with Investment Team to ensure investment presentations are impactful.
- Performs client visits to MFS offices (i.e. due diligence meeting, review meetings, etc.).
- Supports initiatives associated with client conferences and firm sponsored events.
- Assists the Senior MD in all sales efforts for the whole region and assume additional responsibilities as and when requested.
- Work in conjunction with Institutional Sales Directors to build/strengthen relationships and drive sales with prospects within the designated territories. Respond to more complex prospect inquiries directly in conjunction with the territory sales director as an internal backup contact for the Sales Directors
- Cold-calling - responsible for cold calling the entire market spectrum within the territory. This requires calling on bronze to platinum prospects with the goal of raising brand awareness for MFS and the "Territory Team" within the territory by establishing a dialogue, extending the dialogue, scheduling meetings and raising activity levels.
- Sales/Marketing - Develop systematic methods to expand relationships with prospects and field consultants within the designated territories with a goal of being able to document complete coverage of the territory and increasing revenue generation within the territory.
- Training - Maintain a high level of product expertise - both MFS and non-MFS products. Be up to date on industry news, including industry publications, conferences, and seminars. Represent MFS at industry conferences/events as required.
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills, with a desire to develop and refine presentation skills
- Creative thinker who has the ability to operate autonomously while working in broad team dynamics
- Strong interpersonal skills with desire of developing both prospect and client oriented relationships
- Willingness to travel up to 25% of the time to attend prospect/client related meetings
- Bachelor's degree required. CFA however MBA and post graduate work also beneficial.
- Proven experience in investment-related or financial experience with a track record of direct client-oriented capacity.
- Demonstrated passion for developing and nurturing client relationships.
- Knowledge of domestic and foreign financial markets and products required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills as well as presentation skills.
- Ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and a self-starter.
- MIFID II - Advice Giver qualifications required
If any applicant is unable to complete an application or respond to a job opening because of a disability, please contact MFS at 617-954-5000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
MFS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and it is our policy to not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws. Employees and applicants of MFS will not be subject to harassment on the basis of their status. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited. " Click here to view the 'EEO is the Law' poster and supplement ."