Data Science Lead - Germany (d/f/m)
Data Science Lead - Germany (d/f/m)
Cognizant Analytics Practice
AI & Analytics (AIA) is part of Cognizant Digital Business. Our three key offerings are Data Modernisation, Customer Intelligence, and Operational Intelligence. AIA is responsible for selling (Business Development) and implementing these offerings (Delivery). Out selling point is the way we organize and train our people. The Cognizant skill-pool is extensive and is experienced in coming together to deliver a multidisciplinary solution. It is key we have people with the right skills, that are trained on the relevant technologies & methodologies. That is the role of the AIA Guilds and Communities: AIA Architecture, Data Engineering, Data Governance, Data Visualisation, and Data Science.
The Data Science Community is organized by geographies so as to keep the leaders close to the people they are mentoring and support the local business development effort: UK & Ireland, Germany & Switzerland (DACH), Benelux, Spain & Nordics.
We are looking for a Data Science Practitioner [Engineer] for . You will be working in a variety of data science settings, using a diverse set of tools to automat computational statistics. Usually the analytics automation is a component of an end to end solution and you will collaborate within a multi-disciplinary team. The work the Guild is involved in Europe covers many industries such as Pharmaceutical, Banking, Finance, Insurance, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities & Government.
Lately a significant of work we do is in the Cloud using Python. We are in leveraging Cognizant's Evolutionary AI solution ( https://www.cognizant.com/ai/evolutionary-ai ). We constantly adapt to the market needs and are flexible on the choice of technology. Your Role
This role combines aspects of designing and delivering analytical solutions, 'Go to Market' and pre-sales support, and people management and mentoring.
You will contribute to the local and European Data Science community activities, help shape its directions and create a family spirit.
You will lead the delivery of a high quality and innovative data driven solution to our client's needs. This will include, managing Data Science consultants, shaping solutions and participating in client engagements: providing a focal point for the interactions with the stakeholders, understanding the client's pain, designing an analytical approach, chaperoning the implementation of a solution, and ensuring it is of high quality.
Sometimes the above means being the first person on the ground performing hands on analysis to help the customer establish a business case an analytics program.
You will lead and be actively involved with business development (the sales process) of opportunities that have a significant analytical component to them (Descriptive, Predictive, Prescriptive, Machine Learning, and AI). This includes leading and participating in RFI and RFP solutioning and crafting, Client meetings and lead generation. Key responsibilities:
- Lead and mentor experienced and junior team members
- Interviewing and hiring
- Lead on training plans
- Inspire and encourage innovation
- Be involved in the graduate programme
- Ground breaking PoCs type of engagements (hands on)
- Work at a client site as a senior member of an experienced onsite consulting team developing and applying advanced and analytics and machine learning methodologies
- Prepare projects action plans while designing timelines and developing risk mitigation plans
- Seek and develop innovative methods and processes and keep up to date on latest trends, tools and advancements in the area of analytics and data
- Take active part in sales support activities such as responding to RFIs and RFPs - support the proactive and reactive sales process by providing the advanced analytics aspect of presentations and responses to clients.
- Interacting with the wider European Data Science Guild, the rest of the European Guilds and other Cognizant Business Units globally.
- Contribution to & participation in the shaping of the Data Science Guild and its activities
As you develop you career you will get opportunities to lead and manage teams and become a subject matter expert for an industry or methodology. Your Profile
- A high university degree in Machine Learning, AI, Statistics, or Operations Research area - or the acquisition of such skills through professional experience
- consultative approach regarding identifying client issues and commitment to delivering high quality solutions
- Collaborative team player and experience in leading teams - mentoring, collaborating and inspiring
- Know-how in different statistical programming languages such as Python, R, SAS
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English
- Flexibility to travel
- Nice to have:
- ability to converse in the local language
- Familiarity/experience with Big Data technology such as Spark
- Familiarity/experience with Machine Learning in the cloud - AWS, Azure of GCP
- Familiarity with Dev/Ops and ML Ops