Financial Accounting Vice President
- Not Specified
- Munich, Bayern, Germany Munich Bayern DE
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Aug 18 2018-08-18
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of
BlackRock helps investors build better financial futures. As a fiduciary to our clients, we provide the investment and technology solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of March 31, 2018, the firm managed approximately $6.317 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide. For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock® is one of the world’s preeminent asset management firms and a premier provider of global investment management, risk management and advisory services to institutional, intermediary and individual investors around the world. BlackRock offers a range of solutions — from rigorous fundamental and quantitative active management approaches aimed at maximizing outperformance to highly efficient indexing strategies designed to gain broad exposure to the world’s capital markets. Our clients can access our investment solutions through a variety of product structures, including individual and institutional separate accounts, mutual funds and other pooled investment vehicles, and the industry-leading iShares® ETFs.
With a team of 160 professionals based in Germany, Austria and Eastern Europe, BlackRock serves clients across all segments (end-investors, advisors, institutional investors, distribution partners) for BlackRock, iShares and BlackRock Solutions. The local finance function is part of country management and closely connected to BlackRock’s global Finance department. The successful candidate would be based in Frankfurt or Munich and oversee the intra-group delegations of finance activities, help with the preparation of financial statements, engage with auditors and oversee the local invoice processing.
• Oversight over and support of the outsourced financial accounting processes (Financial Control Accounting - US GAAP and German GAAP, Treasury, Corporate Tax and VAT) for BlackRock in Germany and Austria
• Supervision of one accounts payable specialist that coordinates the local invoice processes and oversees the outsourced accounts payable processes
• Involvement in external audit and other finance-related audits (payroll, tax)
• Balance sheet monitoring
• Declarations & reporting
• Account management
• Support of HR payroll processes (income tax, benefits) and monitoring of pension arrangements
Qualification and Experience:
• 7- 10 years’ experience as qualified accountant
• Experience in financial services or asset management is preferred
• Knowing Oracle or something comparable as a program would be beneficial
• Excellent spoken and written English, German as a native language
• Microsoft Office skills
• Degree in business administration, economics or professional qualification is required
• Leadership experience would be a plus
• Able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment
• Strong attention to detail
• Good communication
• Able to work independently yet a team player
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.