Portfolio Management Support, Analyst
Description About this role
Preferred location: Germany or UK Role description:
BlackRock offers access to a spectrum of alternative investments amounting to approximately $150 billion of assets - including hedge funds, private equity, private credit, real estate and infrastructure all organized under BlackRock Alternative Investors (BAI). BlackRock's Global Credit team handles more than $155 billion in assets across public and private market credit strategies. The platform, in partnership with Global Fixed Income and BlackRock Alternative Investors, offers clients one of the industry's broadest arrays of investment choices across the spectrum of risk, liquidity, and geographies.
The Global Credit team offers an array of liquid and illiquid credit products designed to meet specific client risk and return profiles. European Middle Market Private Debt team are part of the European Fundamental Credit business, within Global Credit, and provide, on behalf of BlackRock's clients and funds, mid-market companies with senior and subordinated loans for acquisitions, capital growth, restructuring, LBO's and liquidity situations.
The role will be responsible for supporting junior Portfolio Managers in all aspects of the portfolio monitoring activities and will partner closely with the credit research, COO, product strategy, Risk, legal and compliance teams. Role duties: Portfolio Monitoring
- Maintain effective monthly financials management, monitor metrics of portfolio companies and contribute to client reporting metrics
- Prepare and assist with monthly / quarterly portfolio reviews
- Monitor timing of receipt of information / compliance certificates and other borrower's obligations for all portfolio companies
- Assist the deal teams in the management of waiver and amendment requests with recommendations to Investment Committee
- Assist other team members in performing financial due diligence procedures as well as other initiatives related to the portfolio companies
Valuations & Credit Ratings
- Provide asset information and respond to Q&A for assets quarterly valuation / rating process based on audited and reported results, forecasts and other financial analyses in liaison with the pricing team, valuation committee and external valuation/rating providers
- Assist the Junior PM and Core PM in the management of leveraged facilities: provide information / reporting to banks, respond to queries, handle portfolio limits, monitor borrowing base model, draft compliance certificates
Other Portfolio Management Activities
Skills, experience and education:
- Model new investment position sizing and return sensitivities (based on PD/LGD sensitivities)
- Model portfolio optimisation scenarios and provide recommendations to PM
- Own database on the fund's investments (consistency and integrity) and coordinate the use of data for various internal and external reporting requirements
- Provide portfolio statistics to external providers & contribute content for clients / investors meetings and quarterly reports
- Excellent analytical and data analysis skills, highly numerate, responsive with a high attention to detail
- 2-4 years' experience in investment banking (M&A or leveraged finance), restructuring, private debt / direct lending or rating agencies
- Motivated team player and flexible in approach with ability to work independently
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills - presents ideas in a clear, concise and constructive manner
- Ability to prioritise, work to tight deadlines and remain flexible with a varying workload
- Keen to question, challenge and improve
- A methodical problem solver able to resolve complex daily issues
- Strong academic background
- Fluent in English; other European languages skills considered a plus
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about. About BlackRock
At BlackRock, we are all connected by one mission: to help more and more people experience financial well-being. Our clients, and the people they serve, are saving for retirement, paying for their children's educations, buying homes and starting businesses. Their investments also help to strengthen the global economy: support businesses small and large; finance infrastructure projects that connect and power cities; and facilitate innovations that drive progress.
This mission would not be possible without our smartest investment - the one we make in our employees. It's why we're dedicated to creating an environment where our colleagues feel welcomed, valued and supported with networks, benefits and development opportunities to help them thrive.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit careers.blackrock.com | www.blackrock.com/corporate | Instagram: @blackrock | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.