Regulatory Compliance Officer
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.92 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO is looking for an experienced and aspirational Compliance Expert who is familiar with all aspects of regulatory requirements applicable to PIMCO Europe GmbH ("PEG"), it's branches and shareholdings and other PIMCO EMEA entities. The candidate will be based in Munich and an integral part of the EMEA Regulatory Compliance team with a focus on meeting PIMCO's expectations on maintaining a best in class Compliance program. Joining PIMOC's Regulatory Compliance Team will allow the candidate to work in an intercultural environment and to interact with other team members in EMEA and globally on an ongoing basis.
The role involves regular engagement with PIMCOs different business units, in particular trade floor personnel and Account Managers. This requires excellent communication skills and the ability to deal effectively in a busy and time sensitive environment in a proactive and pragmatic way.
The candidate shall assist to develop, promote and implement Compliance policies, standards and procedures to enable PEG and its staff as well as EMEA staff to act in a compliant manner and ensure regulatory obligations are implemented (including but not limited to German Securities Trading Act, German Banking Act, Money Laundering Act and implementing BaFin ordinances and circulars, MR Compliance).
Reporting to PEG's Head of Regulatory Compliance the Compliance Expert will have primary responsibility to conduct regular testing and assessment activities and maintain regulatory compliance files / licences to , in particular
- Implementation of regulatory requirements in Portfolio Management, Trading and Client facing activities.
- Implementation and assessment of innovative ideas and implementation / use of new technologies to support Compliance testing,
- Maintaining procedures for identification, reporting and resolution of breaches, complaints and other regulatory issues,
- Training of all members of staff to improve understanding of policies and regulatory environment, develop targeted training strategies for different business areas to make training relevant to business activities,
- Conflict management such as Code of Ethics administration including Personal Account Dealing monitoring and Gifts and Entertainment processes,
- Responsibility for filing obligations, including maintenance of Compliance calendar and EMEA Branch oversight program,
- Coordination and support of internal and external audits.
The EMEA Regulatory Compliance team is charged with identifying key risk areas for Compliance and adapting the Compliance program accordingly. This requires "horizon" scanning" for regulatory changes, expectations voiced by regulators through various publications and industry best practices to assess the potential for enhancing the EMEA Compliance program in close collaboration with the broader EMEA Compliance team.
The candidate will be expected to contribute to the wider regulatory compliance team as well as to get involved in local, regional and global project work and working groups. Position Requirements:
- At least 4 to 6 years of compliance/legal/audit experience with a global financial services organization or Audit firm with focus on advice for financial services organizations. Previous experience as a Compliance Officer in a Financial Services firm or KVG with a deep understanding of all aspects of asset management would be ideal. Alternatively, experience from a Financial Service firms Audit or Risk Management background is essential. Expertise in financial products is a plus.
- Thorough understanding of the regulatory environment in Germany obtained either through academic education or extensive professional experience in respective areas in a financial services company. Moreover PIMCOs EMEA business activities require knowledge and experience with EU regulation.
- Strong knowledge of regulatory environment and expectations for Portfolio Management, Trading and Client facing activities, including but not limited to requirements under MIFID II, MIFIR and MAR, Money Laundering Directives, etc and respective local implementation in German regulation.
- A clear, detailed, logical approach with excellent record keeping and the ability to work with little supervision is essential.
- Clear, concise communication skills and experience at presenting complex subject matter to business audiences is desirable.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, fluent in English and German.
- The candidate must be a team player with ability to foster good working relations and support the team's professional standards and client service orientation
- Flexibility in approaching complex subject matter and understanding the business needs in the context of regulatory requirements is crucial.
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office