Senior Java Developer (FX)
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.88 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
As a developer in this role you will develop applications utilized by PIMCO's portfolio management and trading activities. Your focus will be on delivering complex platforms that enable decision making and employ AI techniques to optimize investment decisions. RESPONSIBILITIES
• Design and develop Trading systems using Java.
• Work with project managers, technical leads and business owners to understand business processes and workflows.
• Should be able to translate business requirements into Functional Requirements and Technical Design Position Requirements:
- You will have a BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Maths. Advanced degree is a plus.
- You have 5+ years' recent hands on development experience in Java 1.7+ (Core Java), Spring
- Experience implementing Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) using Rest Services (JAX-RS)
- Hands on experience in Database programming (,stored procedure, Optimization/Query tuning ) in Oracle
- Experience in Financial Industry is a must; front office technology highly preferred.
- You will embody the key competencies and leadership skills necessary to be successful at PIMCO (i.e. Learning Agility, Results Orientation, Intellectual Rigor, Emotional Intelligence, etc. etc.)
• PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and wellbeing of you and your family. These benefits include medical, dental and vision coverage from your first day of employment.
• Work/Life Programs such as Flexible Work Arrangements, Parental Leave & Support, Employee Assistance Plan, and Educational/CFA Certification Reimbursement Programs
• Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office