Senior Transactions/Funds Lawyer
Macquarie Infrastructure & Real Assets - Real Estate is a global investor and manager of real estate assets. The team consists of approximately 230 high performing and motivated employees across circa 20 cities globally. The business manages +US$25 billion of assets, across two distinct investment strategies - core / core plus; and opportunistic. While we always take a pragmatic approach to investing, we are currently focused on sectors that we believe are supported by structural tailwinds (multi-housing, logistics/industrial, office and data centers).
As a Senior Transactions/Funds Lawyer in Munich, you will have a transactional focus but also play a key role in ensuring German (and offshore, as applicable) regulatory compliance alongside the Compliance & Risk teams both locally and in EMEA.
Your responsibilities will require you to:
- provide support and prudential overview for transactional activity- including fund formation and fundraising, acquisitions, divestments, equity arrangements and debt financings
- work with external counsel to prepare, review and negotiate key transaction-related documentation, including:
- M&A: non-disclosure and exclusivity agreements, non-binding bid letters and term sheets, asset purchase agreements, stock purchase agreements, equity and debt financing arrangements and joint venture agreements
- Fund formation: managed vehicle governing documents (e.g. limited partnership agreements), investor side letters and key marketing/offering documents (e.g. private placement memoranda), as well as legal policies and procedures
- assist investment teams with the planning of legal due diligence and analysis of key legal risks, securing of regulatory consents, satisfaction of legal conditions precedent and coordination of signing/closing
- prepare, review and negotiate (with external counsel input where necessary) intragroup agreements and other contracts relating to day-to-day commercial, tax and financial matters
- manage law firm relationships, including negotiating legal budgets and engagement terms and tracking compliance with same
- provide input on legal aspects of key asset management issues or initiatives, including refinancing, litigation and regulatory matters
- monitor and report compliance with regulatory requirements and internal legal policies and procedures
- provide legal support to Group and Fund boards and committees
- liaise with investors, regulators and other key stakeholders as required
- ensure a smooth integration process and assisting with the further growth of the business
- work with internal business partners on proactive education, planning and legal risk management.
Your post qualification experience either at a top-tier law firm or in-house, ideally with regional exposure coupled with hands on experience with complex mergers and acquisitions including due diligence management, deal team leadership and agreement negotiation and drafting will be vital in this role. Additionally, deep experience with private equity transactions, fund structures and regulatory matters is essential. Ideally you will also have real estate sector experience.
Your senior stakeholder management skills on complex legal matters and your ability to engender trust will be welcomed in this role. You will be a solution-oriented thinker with an ability to balance business and legal risks, not only identifying problems but also suggesting workable alternatives to meet desired goals.
You will enjoy working in a fast paced and dynamic environment and enjoy assuming responsibility and be able to work autonomously with minimal supervision. You will have excellent verbal and written communication skills with a strong eye for detail, and finally, you will be fluent in German and English. About Macquarie Asset Management
Macquarie Asset Management is a large scale, global asset manager, providing clients with access to a diverse range of capabilities and products across infrastructure, real estate, natural resources, private credit, fixed income, equities, multi-asset and liquid alternatives. As at 31 March 2020, Macquarie Asset Management has $A606.9 billion of assets under management. Our commitment to Diversity and Inclusion
Macquarie understands the importance of diversity and inclusion - our long history of success has come from being different. At Macquarie we value the innovation and creativity that diversity of thought brings. The one thing we all have in common is our focus on high performance. If you're capable, motivated and can deliver, we want you on our team.
Macquarie is an equal opportunities employer and does not discriminate on the grounds of age, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, race (including colour and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief.
We recognise that flexibility comes in a variety of forms. Talk to us about what flexibility you need.