Our client is an International General Insurer looking to expand its portfolio of business interests in Europe from its European base in Gibraltar. A newly created role of CFO is now required to lead planned expansion, including acquisitions and business change. The CFO will need to be a professionally qualified Accountant with insurance industry experience and commercial acumen.
- Develop and lead the finance function in the European Region.
- Develop, plan and implement commercial plans and strategies.
- Perform market research and analyse threats and opportunities.
- In conjunction with the Chief Executive of the European Region and Senior Management, develop and implement new customer acquisition strategies.
- Ensure that accounting functions, financial reporting and investment responsibilities are performed in a timely, accurate and professional manner and in accordance with policies, legal requirements and financial internal controls and procedures.
- Review as appropriate the structure of the Finance function in Europe and recommend streamlining as the Group grows in multiple countries.
- Actively work with the Chief Executive of the European Region in evaluating potential acquisitions and strategic partnerships across Europe.
- Ensure compliance from a financial perspective, with all European and country specific legislation, regulation and best practice.
- Provide insights into the performance of existing operations and direction on strategies to improve pricing.
- Manage and track expenditures, financial goals and budgets.
- Underwriting portfolio performance oversight
- Contribute to the construction of a new operating model to deliver ambitious profitable growth targets.
- Ensure that financial records and reports produced by the European Finance Manager meet the needs of management, staff, Directors and other stakeholders.
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with bankers, investment managers, consulting actuaries, reinsurance providers, rating agencies and other financial institutions.
- Actively participate in key Committees (Investment, Underwriting) and attend strategic planning meetings with Senior Management Team.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Chief Executive - Europe, Senior management or the Core team.