2021 Financial Products Analytics & Sales Rotational Summer Internship - Hong Kong (English/Korean Speaker)
Bloomberg, the global business and financial information and news leader, gives influential decision makers a critical edge by connecting them to a dynamic network of information, people and ideas. The company's strength - delivering data, news and analytics through innovative technology, quickly and accurately - is at the core of the Bloomberg Professional service, which provides real time financial information to more than 320,000 subscribers globally.
What's the role?
Are you passionate about the financial markets and excited by the prospect of creating customized solutions for the world's leading financial professionals? If so, join our comprehensive internship program with the Analytics Representatives and Sales internship, they are a key part of our Financial Products business.
Analytics Representatives are integral to the Bloomberg Help Desk, taking questions from clients who use our state-of-the-art Bloomberg Terminal, also known as the Bloomberg Professional Service. Whether you are helping construct a relative comparison sheet for a research analyst, advising a portfolio manager on our risk management tools, or providing liquidity analysis solutions to a trader, you will continuously create innovative solutions for our clients. What's Financial Products all about?
The Financial Products team provides analysis and data to Bloomberg clients. We deliver the company's core product, the legendary Bloomberg Professional Service, reaching millions of business professionals. What we do in Analytics & Sales
Analytics & Sales work together as partners to provide value-added business solutions to our customers through the Bloomberg Professional Service.
What to expect from the internship program
- Our team of Analytics Representatives delivers exceptional service through real-time chats, phone calls and face-to-face trainings to our customers on a daily basis. The team showcases basic and advanced Bloomberg solutions to meet our clients' specific workflow needs.
- Our Terminal Sales team is responsible for demonstrating the advantages of our suite of solutions to both potential and existing clients. With a consultative approach, they identify our clients' needs and present Bloomberg solutions to help them make the best investment or trading decisions.
The summer internship program will be a rotational program between both departments to help you gain exposure on these business areas, expand your knowledge of the financial markets and our analytical solutions, while working on various sales and analytics projects. The internship is geared towards individuals who have a strong interest in the financial markets as well as sales.
The summer program will kick off with training followed by various workshops and networking sessions in additional to the responsibility from your team. There will also be a mid-program evaluation and an end-program evaluation. Each intern will be paired up with a mentor in both departments who will give constant feedback and monitor projects throughout the summer program. What we look for
- Penultimate year students who are available for 10-weeks between June and August 2021
- Currently enrolled in a university with a graduation date in 2022
- Strong interest in the financial markets - Ability to work well under pressure and to multi-task effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English and Korean - Good team player
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Immense interest in the financial markets
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
In addition, these skills and experiences can help distinguish you from other candidates for this role:
Does this sound like you?
- Coursework in finance, economics and/or business, although all majors are welcome
- Experience using the Bloomberg Terminal
- Desire and flexibility to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in and enthusiasm for customer service
- Proven ability to sell, with interest in pursuing a career in sales.
Apply today! If we think you're a match, we'll get in touch with you soon about next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.