Summer Analysts join us for 10 weeks in June, and are placed into a specific development, engineering or business analyst team. The program is designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience of what it's like to be a technologist for a top financial Firm. Training Program
Summer Analysts begin with a one-day orientation where they are introduced to the Firm's businesses and learn what it is like to be an employee at Morgan Stanley, followed by direct placement into their teams. In addition to working on a live project, program highlights include senior management networking events, technical demonstrations, team-building opportunities and participation in the Firm's community service initiatives. Role and Responsibilities
Qualifications and Skills
- Development Teams: Our development teams design, develop and maintain applications used by our business units. Daily activities include meeting with clients to gather and analyze requirements. They make system design decisions, evaluating, integrating and developing necessary software, and then test and deploy applications to production. Developing high-performing, low-latency electronic trading systems, and evolving complex workflows and life-cycle management capabilities are just some of the projects available for developers.
- Enterprise Engineering Teams: Our platform-facing teams develop cutting-edge systems to run our business. Our engineers provide tools, applications and platforms such as the Firm's networks, computing hardware, operating systems and databases for the Firm's trading applications, mobile applications and other end-user applications. Engineering the Firm's websites, managing the Windows plant and developing a client reporting delivery system are some of the projects available for enterprise engineers in our organizations.
- Business & Data Analytics Teams: Our business & data analysts play a key role engaging with our business units to analyze, capture, and validate requirements with technology teams in order to solve business challenges in an agile fashion. Business & data analysts provide technical, data analytics, data science, and process excellence skills to support up-front product and data analysis as well as end-to-end solution development.
Application Process and Deadline
- You are pursuing an undergraduate Bachelor's or Master's degree with a graduation date between October 2023 and July 2024, preferably with a major in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Data Analytics, Electrical Engineering, Financial Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or other related technical majors.
- Excellent problem-solving, communication, teamwork and analytical skills.
- Competency in at least one programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, C#, Python).
- Good technical skills, including a strong understanding of Linux /Unix and Windows, as well as experience in object-oriented development, good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills.
- Experience in the financial services sector is not required.
- Fluency in English required.
In order to be considered, candidates must apply by September 25, 2022 at 23:55 HKT.