AML Policy and Risk Manager
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Mainstay Asia
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
Our client is a leading Hong Kong Conglomerate who has business across various industries including Finance, Hospitality and Property. They are looking for an AML Policy and Risk Manager to work within a Financial Crime security function to consult and build a robust financial risk framework.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Implement and maintain the AML and Financial Crime Risk-related policies, frameworks and associated procedures, to ensure the relevant standards are successfully adopted and embedded across the organization
- Effectively manage all AML and Financial Crime Risks across various business lines by implementing a robust risk framework that comprehensively identifies and assesses risk, ensures that appropriate risk controls are in place to mitigate, assigns clear risk ownership and is thoroughly communicated to management.
- Regularly update and report on operational activities, risks and AML issues that may impact the business, to ensure that senior management has adequate oversight and understanding of AML and Financial Crime Risks.
- Closely monitor the developments and changes to the AML and Financial Crime Risk environment, and assess its impact to operational activities and programs
- Conduct reviews of Business Partners in other locations of AML polices against the AML laws and regulations of their local jurisdiction
- Implement independent testing and quality assurance to ensure that AML investigative activities effectively comply with the established Policy, Framework and procedural requirements
- Develop and manage an effective training program to ensure employees have awareness and understanding of AML and Financial Crime Risk
- Act in an advisory capacity to ensure that all AML and Financial Crime Risk related requirements are understood by the business.
Requirements of the Role
- A university degree, preferably with additional legal or compliance related qualifications
- +10 years commercial experience
- A minimum of five years’ experience in related field such as risk management, compliance, forensic, fraud and investigation or Anti-Money Laundering specific experience
- Excellent knowledge of local laws and current developments and trends in the Anti-Money Laundering and Financial Crime Risk related laws, regulations and practices
- Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS) and related designations preferred
- Proven record of people development and management experience
- Knowledge and practical experience of risk management, preferably in Anti-Money Laundering or Financial Crime Risk specific context
- Experience in a Big 4 Consultancy role advantagous
- A high standard of competency in written English reporting and verbal communications
Please send your CV in word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.