AML and Compliance Officer, Fund House
- HKD50000 - HKD80000 per month + Discretionary Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Taylor Root Hong Kong
- 14 Oct 17 2017-10-14
Our client is an investment arm of a global financial services group. They are seeking to create a Compliance Team within their Risk and Compliance function. The AML & Compliance Officer in Hong Kong will develop a broader remit across financial crime prevention including providing advices to business regarding Sanctions, PEP, Anti-Bribery Corruption and etc. The role starts at HKD50K to 80K per month.
- Lead the Financial Crime and Compliance function across Asia
- Undertake searches to conduct pre-investment ABC and AML due diligence and post-investment monitoring.
- Assess risks with investment teams.
- Screen for PEP and Sanctions.
- Maintain the global PEP and interested parties lists.
- Ensure controls are implemented to mitigate ABC and AML risk using a risk-based approach.
- Conduct ABC risk assessment of third parties performing a service on behalf of the firm.
- Give advice and guidance relating to the Anti-Bribery and Corruption Policy, Framework.
- Report violations or suspicions of bribery and corruption and money laundering.
The ideal candidate should have experience with the practical application of KYC, AML and ABC regionally and globally especially in China, Japan and India. Candidates can come from Big 4 consultancy firms with solid advisory experience in money laundering, anti bribery & corruption, sanctions and etc. Candidates from fund houses or buy side who wish to specialist in Financial Crime will also deem fit. You should have around 5 to 8 years of working experience.
Please note our advertisements use PQE/salary levels purely as a guide. However we are happy to consider applications from all candidates who are able to demonstrate the skills necessary to fulfil the role.