APAC CBS Finance Lead - Associate Director
- Not Specified
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Ernst & Young Hong Kong
- 11 Dec 17 2017-12-11
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality
Join our Core Business Services (CBS) team and you will help support the important business enablement functions that keep our organization running strong. As a CBS professional, you will work across teams to provide the knowledge, resources and tools that help EY deliver exceptional quality service to our clients, win in the marketplace and support EY’s growth and profitability. Major teams within CBS include Finance, Information Technology, Human Resources, Enterprise Support Services, Brand Marketing and Communications, Business Development, Knowledge and Risk Management.
With so many offerings, you have the opportunity to develop your career through a broad scope of engagements, mentoring and formal learning. That’s how we develop outstanding leaders who team to deliver on our promises to all of our stakeholders, and in so doing, play a critical role in building a better working world for our people, for our clients and for our communities. Sound interesting? Well this is just the beginning. Because whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Key Responsibilities:
- Lead a team of financial analysts to support CBS Function Leaders on planning and budgeting of Functions' owned costs. Perform analytical review on monthly financial results and provide commentaries on key budget/forecast variances of the CBS Functions and Service Lines’ owned indirect expenses.
- Closely monitor the Firm's indirect operating expenses and manage impact on profitability. Proactively prepare and communicate analysis to support various stakeholders.
- Coordinate and prepare Indirect Cost budgets and forecasts. Support financial planning and forecast processes - assess effectiveness of current operation and make suggestions for improvement. Provide business insight, timely advice and recommendations to the Functions' leadership team to enable timely forward-focused decision-making.
- Collaborate with other Finance teams to ensure quality month end closing process including CBS cost recharge and allocation. Identify and rectify data issue to facilitate error-free P&L and Balance sheet reporting, including opportunities for simplification.
- Support and drive implementation of Global Finance policies and ensure compliance to those polices in Asia Pacific.
- Provide assistance and finance leadership to Functions at Region and Area level for Mercury/SAP deployment.
- Liaise with other finance teams at all levels on various finance issues. Assist Area Finance Leadership on ad-hoc assignments and projects.
Knowledge, skills and experience requirements
- Ability to lead change, to build a high performing team and to influence stakeholders at different levels.
- Demonstrated experience working in highly matrix organization
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills
- Can work under pressure, remain agile and stay committed to tight time line
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or equivalent.
- Membership of accredited professional accounting bodies.
- At least 10 years experience in finance related roles of which 4 years worked in a managerial role preferably gained from professional services environment.
- Proven problem-solving skills and experience. Possess international mindset and cross cultural sensitivity.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Strong analytical skills and experience in proactive strategic analyses and financial modelling
Who we are
EY is committed to being an inclusive employer and we are happy to consider flexible working arrangements. We strive to achieve the right balance for our people, enabling us to deliver excellent client service whilst allowing you to build your career without sacrificing your personal priorities. While our client-facing professionals can be required to travel regularly, and at times be based at client sites, our flexible working arrangements can help you to achieve a lifestyle balance.