APAC Conduct Risk & Compliance Manager
- Salary + Bonus + Benefits
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 21 May 18 2018-05-21
The APAC Conduct Risk & Compliance Manager is responsible for managing and supporting the development of the Enterprise Conduct Risk Functional Framework and Oversight Policy (“Conduct Risk Framework”) in the APAC Region, including ethics risk management and oversight, sales practices, complaints management, and allegations management.
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
The role is expected to work with a broad range of stakeholders to oversee the subsequent implementation of the Conduct Risk Framework, ensuring that Wells Fargo APAC has adequate processes, procedures and resources for the identification, monitoring, measuring, reporting and mitigation of Conduct risk.
Provide regional coverage for the implementation and ongoing maintenance of the Conduct Risk Framework
- Participate in the Enterprise Conduct Risk working groups as the primary representative for the region
- Ensuring the Conduct Risk Framework and relevant milestones required of the region are efficiently and satisfactory completed, partnering with APAC branch, legal entity or representative office compliance officers as necessary
- Develop and maintain regional standards and procedures designed to implement relevant elements of the Conduct Risk Framework and associated program documents
- Provide advisory support from an Enterprise/Regional perspective to branch, legal entity or representative office compliance officers as they implement the Conduct Risk Framework as well as any relevant local conduct-related regulatory requirements or expectations
- Engage in ongoing communications with APAC stakeholders, particularly APAC Compliance management and APAC senior management, on the status of the Conduct Risk Framework, escalating issues where required
- In consultation with APAC Compliance management, develop risk based conduct risk management information for senior management, or as directed.
- Prepare and submit management information reports to APAC management on a periodic basis.
- The APAC Conduct Risk & Compliance Manager will be a member of the APAC Regulatory Development Forum, and will actively participate in the forum, supported by APAC Compliance team members, in order to ensure relevant conduct risk regulatory developments are reflected in Wells Fargo’s internal system of record, where appropriate
- Maintains an up-to-date and informed understanding of conduct risk regulatory developments and their impact to Wells Fargo’s business activities in the APAC region
- Support APAC Compliance, Wholesale and Enterprise with the preparation of conduct risk-related risk assessments, coordinating with APAC stakeholders as required
- Where required, support APAC Compliance management with undertaking conduct-related internal investigations, partnering with other functional teams as necessary
Market Skills and Certifications
- Relevant university degree and a minimum of ten years of relevant experience gained in an international financial center. Legal and regulatory background viewed favorably
- Relevant professional certifications or qualifications (e.g., legal, compliance, project management, risk management)
- Good general knowledge of banking laws and regulations in Asia, particularly those relating to conduct and regulatory compliance. Some familiarity with US banking and bank holding company laws and regulations is desirable
- Excellent understanding of the operation of international financial markets and the purpose and importance of effective regulatory oversight, risk management and corporate governance
- Good understanding of full service global financial institution and knowledge of financial products is desirable
- Proven track record of working collaboratively across multiple lines of business and with stakeholders and colleagues at all levels, but also capable of taking the lead as needs dictate. An ability to motivate team members for common progress is essential
- Excellent oral, presentation and written communication skills; confidence to communicate proactively and effectively with peers and senior management
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction in a highly matrixed, fast-paced environment
- Experience in managing team members desirable
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.