APAC ETF Product Head
- Base + Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- MSCI Hong Kong Ltd
- 06 Nov 17 2017-11-06
MSCI is currently seeking a new APAC ETF Product Head who will focus on our goal to become the leading, most profitable and most influential index provider in the region.
The Index Product team is lean with an entrepreneurial flair. While various internal functions, such as Client Coverage, Research and Operations share the same ambition and will always operate cohesively, the APAC ETF Product Head will be accountable to lead in the following areas:
- Regional ETF/Passive business strategy and market share growth
- This individual will lead the licensing strategy process by clearly defining the fund managers with whom we want to expand our relationships, the right fund line-up for each country, the right fees and the right marketing support needed (i.e. the 4 “P”) to grow the business (P&L).
- In order to define our strategy, this person will be responsible to clearly define our approach to each client segment, based on the investors' use-case and their competitive choices. A strong understanding of these demand-drivers will be the foundation to guide our actions and investments, for example identifying product gaps, client coverage gaps and the competitive positioning our Indexes.
- More specifically, the licensing of product providers will be done through a strong cooperation between this person and our generalist coverage teams in each Asian country (including HK, China, Australia, Japan and India). Whereas the account management and relationship will be led by Client Coverage, this person is responsible to making regular product ideas presentations to our clients and ensure that our franchise is fully maximized, whether through locally listed or offshore listed MSCI based financial products.
- On occasion, this individual will be called upon to solve a specific client problem and/or to support a client specific business opportunity (for example, more complex licensing and fee negotiation, competitive issues).
- Point person to the product teams of our largest clients in Hong Kong
- This person will be the main point person with our leading clients in Hong Kong. As such, this person will hold very regular sessions with Product groups to develop and license new indexes as well as helping communicate the benefits of our indexes through their client's Sales and Marketing channels. As an example, this could include acting the MSCI spokesperson at client events
- This individual will need to be a trusted and senior partner with our clients, able to discuss both broad ranging topics and specific product ideas. Additionally, this individual should understand the importance of confidentiality (particularly around client data) and what should or should not be shared with different types of audiences.
Specific Knowledge & Skills:
- Strong analytical skills to grasp the important market dynamics in each country (e.g. asset pools, market players, competitors, regulation) and be able to factor these in the competitive business strategy. In particular, understanding the Institutional vs. Retail investor behavior as well as the competitive dynamic of the local asset management industry will form important foundations to our strategy and plans.
- Be extremely effective in working within a team so as to be able to initiate, motivate, coordinate and support the multi-functional internal resources (e.g. Client coverage, Research, Operations, Compliance, and Finance)
- Strong business judgement and analytical skills to address our opportunities and challenges in a rapid and highly effective manner.
- Able to regularly present our product campaigns to clients, and, our business strategy, plans and results to senior management
- At least ten years of work experience with a strong understanding of the Asian fund management and ETF category.
- Proven track record in business management, ideally within a business or product management role in a leading asset management firm.
- Team-player with the maturity and presence to make an impact with clients and with senior management.
- The ideal candidate will have an advanced degree with a strong preference towards the individual possessing an MBA from a highly regarded institution
- Mandarin is preferable, but not a pre-requisite. Strong mastery of English is however necessary