APAC Operational Risk Testing and Validation - Senior Consultant
- Attractive package
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 07 Aug 18 2018-08-07
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets.
About Wells Fargo: Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Wells Fargo’s International Risk Testing & Validation (T&V) is seeking a highly motivated individual for the APAC Operational Risk T&V Senior Consultant position. This role is expected to lead Operational Risk related testing engagements and support issue validation as the Bank’s “Second Line of Defence” across all Line of Businesses in Asia Pacific where Wells Fargo is active.
Roles and Responsibilities include:
- Lead the planning, execution and reporting of the APAC Operational Risk testing engagements across all Line of Business as well as Corporate Functions, and validate the Bank’s remediation on any issues relating to Operational Risk.
- Involves in the planning and execution of the APAC Operational Risk testing program as part of the APAC Operational Risk Testing and Validation team to assess the Bank’s control environment.
- Works with other “Second Line of Defense” functions and business units to help the T&V team in APAC maintain an up-to-date view on the Bank’s risk landscape in the region.
- Provide credible challenge and evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes and internal controls.
- Assist with the continuous improvement of the team’s infrastructure to enhance the team’s risk assessment and testing capabilities.
- Minimum 10 years in Audit with demonstrated experience in preferably banks or other financial services.
- Prior experience in full-cycle of audit / testing, including planning, control testing, issue discussion and reporting, is an advantage.
- Experience with Data Analytics / CAATs is a plus.
- Working knowledge of regulatory compliance.
- Ability to operate in a complex, matrix environment and regulatory pressured environment.
- Strong written and verbal communications.
- Good interpersonal skills, able to develop strong relationships and experience working in an international organisation.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, self-starter and self-motivated to work in a changing environment.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.