APAC Strategic Initiatives Leader
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Wells Fargo Bank
- 20 Mar 18 2018-03-20
International Strategic Initiatives (ISI) has an enterprise-wide mandate to address strategic issues on Wells Fargo’s international business and ensure that business units and support groups are strategically aligned, cohesive and optimal with regard to international activities. ISI, which is part of the Wholesale Strategy and Cross-Border Governance, drives the annual international strategic planning effort and leads a variety of international oriented initiatives that are strategic and cross-organizational in nature. The types of initiatives include business strategy formulation, establishment of new legal entities and branches, infrastructure alignment, and enhancement of control and governance.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a diversified, community-based financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides banking, insurance, investments, mortgage, and consumer and commercial finance through more than 8,500 locations, 13,000 ATMs, the internet (wellsfargo.com) and mobile banking, and has offices in 42 countries and territories to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. With approximately 273,000 team members, Wells Fargo serves one in three households in the United States. Wells Fargo & Company was ranked No. 25 on Fortune’s 2017 rankings of America’s largest corporations. Wells Fargo’s vision is to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. News, insights and perspectives from Wells Fargo are also available at Wells Fargo Stories.
Reporting to the head of ISI, the Asia Pacific (APAC) Strategic Initiatives Leader is responsible for leading international strategic initiatives and guiding/managing a senior strategy consultant. This position also guides a large number of team members from various business units and support groups who are assigned to international initiatives. In addition, this position works closely with the APAC Regional President, COO, business unit leaders, support group leaders and country managers in the region.
This position requires outstanding leadership and organizational skills to manage high impact initiatives and partner with a large number of team members from various parts of the company in the Region and the US. The candidate must have a deep and broad understanding of APAC markets and a wide range of Wells Fargo businesses operating in the region and must be a strategic thinker with an enterprise perspective. The candidate must possess excellent program management, analytical and communication (both written and verbal) skills. The successful candidate must have the critical ability to analyze the market environment and competitive landscape to identify trends, gaps, and opportunities. In collaboration with leaders, the candidate will assist in formulating and implementing key initiatives.
- Lead/manage cross-organizational strategic initiatives for WF’s international business, mainly for APAC
- Develop project plans, frame and conduct insightful analyses, identify solutions, and develop business cases and implementation plans
- Facilitate decision-making and issue resolution as required with a broad array of leaders from across the organization
- Obtain buy-in to proposed solutions/plans from stakeholders
- Support implementation of developed solutions/plans, as necessary
- Identify and frame improvement opportunities in Wells Fargo’s international activities that impact multiple business units/support groups in the APAC region and the U.S.
- Monitor industry and global trends to assess possible implications and impact on Wells Fargo strategy
- Facilitate a consistent and coordinated communications plan and messaging across business units and support groups with international activities
- Manage, guide and develop junior team members to help them deliver strategic plans and initiatives
- Perform all of the above in close partnership with the various lines of business and support functions and with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency, and maximization of shareholder value
- 12+ years experience in financial services and/or management consulting – having both sets of experiences is strongly preferred
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically with exceptional analytical skills
- Proven program and project management skills and experience. Successful track record of managing cross-organizational/cross-regional initiatives and delivering tangible results
- Demonstrated experience in developing business strategy, establishing new financial services legal entities and branches, and identifying/solving risk management, operational, technology and support/infrastructure issues
- Experience in and/or exposure to international business, operational and regulatory environment
- Strong influencing skills/effective communication skills with senior executives
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with appropriate prioritization
- MBA strongly preferred
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit’s risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.