AVP/Senior Associate/Associate, Anti Money Laundering Advisory, Legal, Compliance & Secretariat
Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank's interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders. Principal Responsibilities:
- Ensure all investigations triggered by Unusual Activity Escalations (UAEs), transaction surveillance system alerts and Suspicious Transaction Reporting ("STRs") are handled and actioned in a proper and timely manner.
- Ensure all the investigations of the alerts generated by the automated transaction surveillance system and unusual activity escalations are performed in line with the applicable procedures and guidelines.
- Ensure the investigations are conducted and concluded within the specific turnaround time.
- Achieve the target completion rate of investigations as agreed by the Team and FCSS.
- Exercise a sound judgement in case disposition and ensure a decision is made with reasonable justifications documented.
- Timely prepare and submit the STRs for Money Laundering Reporting Officer's (or his delegates) review.
- Collaborate with Business and Support Units in Managing AML/CFT risks.
- Ensure effective communications with Business Units to facilitate responses to Request For Information ("RFI") process and deliver concise investigation outcomes with appropriate recommended actions.
- Assist Team Leads and seniors in responding queries about the investigations and related risk mitigation measures raised by Business and Support Units in a proper and timely manner.
- Assist in Developing and Enhancing Process Governance & Control and Risk Management.
- Assist in the rollout of the transaction monitoring-related projects and investigative tools (e.g. participate UAT) and propose control or process improvement, enhancement and simplification.
- Provide feedbacks on the existing process to improve work efficiency and quality.
- Take up ad hoc and intelligence tasks to identify and manage potential risks posing to the Bank and escalate significant issues to seniors in a swiftly manner.
- Degree holder in business or related disciplines.
- At least 5-8 years relevant experience on AML/TSU acquired from international banks, and / or investigative related works.
- Good understanding on consumer, corporate and private banking products, services and transactions.
- Logical thinking with capacity and technique to manage, understand and apply data/figures.
- Ability to cope with highly demanding and fast paced banking environment.
- Demonstrate sound commercial experience and judgment.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognizes your achievements. We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.