AVP - Senior Network Engineer
This is a Senior level individual contributing role within the Network Engineering team of Infrastructure Services. We support over 150 bespoke applications operating from 5 key private cloud data centers along with public cloud facilities. Infrastructure has invested significantly in ITIL-based service management, best practice information security, software and hardware to enable Infrastructure-as-a-Service and Platform-as-a-Service cloud-based architectures.
The candidate must be very motivated and willing to take on challenges, learn new concepts and be willing to multi-task to succeed. This is a technical leadership role responsible for, designing, optimizing and implementing WAN and LAN technologies for our ever-expanding organization. The job requires an expert understanding of Cloud Networking, WAN routing, and LAN technology. In addition to selecting the appropriate standards, the team is responsible for designing and future proofing the infrastructure. This includes the implementation and creation of SOPs in coordination with the operations teams. The team also has ongoing responsibility to oversee the operations teams to ensure that SOPs are followed, architectures are adhered to, and problems identified/resolved in a timely manner. Primary Responsibilities
Qualifications Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- As an individual contributor you will be part of the architecture and engineering of global WAN/LAN connectivity in support of business use cases and strategy.
- A primary technical interface with carriers to establish a cost-effective and resilient network eliminating single points of failure.
- Ability to represent and speak for the interest of Connectivity services in various forums including executives.
- In conjunction with senior leadership, define a roadmap for network refresh and growth.
- Engage and lead discussions with business stakeholders related to solutions and business objectives.
- Engage vendors in understanding new technologies and building POCs and SoWs for implementations of those technologies.
- Ensure all network Infrastructure is complaint in accordance with Moody's Security Policy.
- Responsible for creating SOPs and reporting for operations teams and ensure adherence to the same.
- Responsible for the evaluation and recommendation of HW/SW solutions for other IT teams / business groups.
- Provide automation for configuration management and prevent configuration drift across all devices.
- Keeping abreast of new technologies and developments in related area of responsibility
- Capacity planning and upgrades for network circuits and equipment.
- Design and development of Integrations, acquisitions and decommissions.
- Responsible for network equipment life cycle, version management, patch and vulnerability management.
- Working with the Sr Network Engineer, AVP and VP to evaluate new product roadmaps
- Bachelor's degree or Equivalent area of study Or Comparable Technical Experience
- Minimum 10 years' experience in network design, network operations or support roles with at least 5+ years' experience in a network engineering role.
- CCNP certified or equivalent experience
- JNCIS or JNCIP certified or equivalent experience - must be fluent with JUNOS.
- Full-charge technical leadership experience with carrier style networks incorporating Juniper, Arista, and Cisco components.
- Candidate must have Advanced knowledge of routing protocols BGP, OSPF, ISIS, and EIGRP - configuration and troubleshooting.
- Expert knowledge of BGP route aggregation, route-reflectors, and traffic engineering is preferred.
- Candidate should have desirable Hands-on experience with WAN technologies such as MPLS L2|L3 VPN, RSVP, M-BGP, etc.
- Public cloud (AWS|AZURE) experience - knowledge and understating of cloud networking concepts i.e. VPC, VNET, Transit-GW, AWS Direct-Connect.
- Knowledge of automation techniques and orchestration technologies for network devices (Ansible, Cisco Prime). Linux/Python/REST API skills are desired.
- Significant experience with Cisco enterprise and Data Center routing, switching and wireless.
- Candidates having Experience with Juniper device portfolio including QFX, EX series switches, and MX series routers is required.
- Understanding of Financial Services requirements for segmentation, security, and compliance.
- Excellent Visio and Excel skills
- Ability to learn quickly and draw meaningful conclusions from independent research.
- Ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects.
- Ability to understand and analyze client requirements and provide appropriate solutions.
- Ability to understand Wireshark captures and netflow reporting.
- Riverbed Steelhead or equivalent WAN optimizer product experience is desired.
- Must be familiar with ITIL and ITSM support processes and terminology.
- Industry certification in relevant area is a plus
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.