Established in 2006, Huatai Financial Holdings (Hong Kong) Limited (“HTHK”) is a wholly-owned subsidiary of Huatai Securities Co. Limited (“HS”), a publicly listed company on both the Shanghai Stock Exchange (601688.CH) and the Hong Kong Stock Exchange (6886.HK). HTHK currently has Type 1, Type 2, Type 4, Type 6 and Type 9 licenses and it is carrying out the following businesses: securities, futures brokerage, corporate finance and asset management.
- Interface extensively with front office to gather information needed for credit due diligence on transactions and/or new counterparties
- Ensure that all documentation required for trading, including master agreements and guarantees, are in place, active and appropriate for transactions being contemplated by front office. Actively involved in the negotiation of credit terms in master trading agreements and structured transactions
- Use strong analytical and problem solving skills to understand risks and recommend structure which sufficiently protects the firm in various client trading activities and structured transactions.
- Maintain active working relationship with Sales and Trading teams and assist with continuing education of these teams with respect to risk management, systems, and procedures.
- Provide timely responses to internal and external credit risk queries.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university/college required.
- 5-7 years of professional work experience in financial services preferred. Prior experience in credit/counterparty risk, and derivative products required.
- Experience working with and negotiating master trading agreements typical of the trading industry, including the ISDA, GMRA, and GMSLA agreements.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills a must. The ability to convey thoughts clearly and succinctly and to communicate pertinent complex information in a clear and organized manner.
- Candidates should be highly proficient in Excel (including analysis/control of large datasets), PowerPoint, and Word.