AVP, Head of Corporate Communications, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
AVP, Head of Corporate Communications, Hong Kong
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The AVP, Head of Communications, Hong Kong is responsible for leading the development and execution of a holistic communication strategy and execution of both an external outreach strategy that builds and enhances Manulife's reputation in Hong Kong, an internal communications approach that builds employee engagement and strategic alignment. This leader will work closely with the senior management team, as well as colleagues across Marketing and other functions to execute on the strategy.
This seasoned communications leader will be the lead to develop and execute external communication strategies, practices and measurement to strengthen and enhance Manulife's brand reputation as well as playing a key role in partnering with the relevant teams on crisis communications and media communications plan.
Furthermore the leader will drive a broad communication strategy that will leverage all available digital channels, paid, earned and owned, across all key target audiences. In addition, the individual will work with internal partners at regional level to align and execute an internal communication strategy to drive the necessary cultural change required for the Company's overall success.
• Shape and manage Manulife Hong Kong's positioning and set an integrated communications strategy encompassing public affairs, media relations, reputation and issues management, thought leadership and consumer education
• Develop core messages and drive a content strategy to create engagement through all available media channels (both digital and not) creating an overall editorial approach that will drive both content creation and affiliation
• The function will manage PR agencies, Publications and individual writers and creative contributors to generate compelling content for relevant audiences to drive strategic priorities and business growth
• Grow, nurture and lead a team of professional communications specialists, PR professionals
• Follow trends in local, regional and global Insurance, regulations, economics and technology to ensure Manulife has a role in shaping debate on the most important topics.
• Translate Manulife's strategic direction, key business priorities into a positioning and integrated communications encompassing public affairs, media relations, brand, marketing, digital communications, issues management, institutional partnerships, social impact, thought leadership, and internal communications
• This leader will develop and execute a holistic communication strategy and action plan for the CEO and Senior Management Team. This includes but is not limited to working with specific members to identify and secure outside speaking opportunities or other media exposure that would increase Manulife's stature as a thought leader in our industry.
• This leader will also work to maintain and further develop relations with members of the local media in order to foster the promotion of Manulife in an increased number of traditional and new media outlets.
• This leader will drive the improvements in the crisis management preparedness. Working to simplify, streamline and optimize current crisis communication plan including a proactive process for anticipating potential crisis.
• Identify and build relationships with key thought leaders across the business. Proactively work with them to develop and execute a media communications plan to increase awareness of Manulife as a thought leader in our industry.
• Builds an influencer network by cultivating relationships with existing influencers (not limiting to editors and journalists) and identifying new prospects to help us elevate our brand through rich and relevant third-party commentary and endorsement on issues and topics strategically important to Manulife.
• Build strong, collaborative relationships with local media relations, communications and crisis communications.
• Track and measure media performance.
• As applicable, effectively manage outside consultants, partners and vendors.
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, Public Relations, or related field. Graduate degree preferred.
• Extensive experience at a senior level in strategic communications, reputation management and PR positioning with 15+ years of progressively senior communications experience, within a large publicly listed company.
• Senior-level experience and knowledge in a heavily-regulated environment
• Building and shaping world-class, high performing, corporate communications departments.
• Proven track record in growing talent, mentoring and empowering team members.
• Proven track record in providing C-suite counsel.
• Good strategic thinker and able to develop and implement multi-stakeholder communication strategies.
• Experience using social media and digital strategy as tools to elevate awareness, protect reputation and engage stakeholders via an integrated strategic communications plan.
• Superior communications skills in both English and Chinese/Cantonese (oral, written and presentation).
• Superb external network of relationships in Hong Kong, and ideally Greater China.
• Proven crisis management skills, including the ability to provide value-added communications and issues management coaching and guidance to members of the Senior Management Team.
• Highly collaborative with excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with people at all levels.
• Results-oriented, self-motivated and a team player with strong leadership qualities.
• Collaborative: Fosters productive working relationships to produce superior solutions, build beneficial networks, and achieve collective business goals; leverages unique talents of others; fosters trust and credibility.
• Wide Perspective: Applies understanding of local and regional industry trends and markets, remains open to different ideas; incorporates an enterprise-wide and external environmental view.
• Executing with Excellence: Sets challenging objectives and is focused on achieving results that are aligned with the organization's vision; pursues excellence in planning and delivering sustainable results.
• Adaptability: Effectively adapts and supports integrated change to achieve desired results; champions an environment that motivates and inspires necessary action with confidence during times of change.
• Solutions Focused: Owns problems through to resolution, makes timely decisions applies analytic reasoning to positively impact team results and organizational performance and the customer experience.
• Knowing the business: Stays current on Manulife's strategy and key priorities; appropriately converts knowledge of the industry, customer and business into new approaches and solutions.
• Compelling Communicator: Expresses ideas and shares information clearly and concisely, modifies approach as necessary and conveys compelling messages and builds (rational/emotional) connection with others.
If you are ready to unleash your potential it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.