- HKD0.00 per annum
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan McKinley Hong Kong
- 19 Sep 17
Our client is one of the world's leading investment management firms with international offices aiming to provide solutions and service to clients across the globe. This Account Associate will be part of HK based institutional Account Management group with a focus to support the current institutional client serivce activities in Hong Kong.
This position requires an analytical, detail oriented professional who can:
- Serve as a product advocate at client meetings, prospective client meetings (including finals presentations), consultant meetings and industry conferences
- Develop and maintain a variety of different types of materials to support new business development, existing business and other specific product management initiatives and responsibilities
- Provide current insight regarding the firm and product specific investment philosophy, process, strategy, performance and other relevant information directly or indirectly to clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Serve as a product specific contact for clients, prospective clients and consultants
- Accurately and efficiently prepare client reports spanning performance, trading activity, portfolio valuation and risk metrics
- Continually building understanding of underlying market factors to complete more qualitative, complex investment analyses
- Effectively utilize tools such as Excel spreadsheets, macros, and query tools, along with internet sites, both public and private. Knowledge on Bloomberg, Yield book, Morgan Markets, Barclays Live is a plus
- Support the Account Management team through the provision of market and portfolio data
- Analyse portfolio data including qualitative and quantitative performance attribution
- Handle ongoing automation of growing reporting requirements and streamlining of the reporting process
- Produce ad-hoc client, consultant, auditor, & internal requests for information
- Robust knowledge on macroeconomics, fixed income and derivative instruments is a must
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail; ensure that all work is delivered completed, accurately, and on time
- Effective communication skill is essential given the frequent level of client interaction
- Actively listen and ask questions to determine and meet customer needs; go beyond normal job responsibilities to indirectly satisfy the customer
- Flourish in a challenging, fast-paced, professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate.
- Strong sense of integrity, behaving consistently with expressed values and ethical principles of the firm.
- Focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results.
- Foster a sense of teamwork, assisting others when needed/required.
- Have the desire to contribute to and grow with the organization through a variety of developmental assignments (the nature of which will be based on available opportunities and actual performance in the current role)
- Strong commitment to embrace the company's culture, values and approach
Must possess at least an Undergraduate Degree in Finance or Economics and demonstrate an interest in progressing toward a CFA.
Fluency in English & Cantonese (oral & written)
- Three to four years of finance-related experience preferred (ideally in the fixed income or investment management)
- College internships in a financial, client-oriented role will be considered in lieu of employment experience. Ideal candidates are familiar with fixed income markets and macroeconomics, currency and derivative instruments.
- Demonstrate proficiency with Microsoft Excel (VBA knowledge an advantage)
- Comfortable with software applications in general, including but not limited to index-provider databases, query tools and Bloomberg.