Accounting Officer - 9 months contract
- Hong Kong
- Contract, Full time
- Resource Solutions
- 12 Dec 17 2017-12-12
See job description
Working on-site at our prestigious, Tier 1 corporate and investment banking client, you will be assisting the Accounting team to produce global level Financial Statements and other Head Office financial reporting for the company’s other entities in Asia Pacific Regional; including monthly results. As part of the recurring activities, you will perform accounting controls and analysis; contribute to the organization’s operational permanent control framework, along with the opportunity to participate in a finance project.
- Prepare Financial Statements (Group Accounting Standards, IAS / IFRS, French GAAP and Local GAAPs etc.)
- Prepare ad hoc financial reporting for Head Office
- Perform various controls and analysis; and contribute to the application of the Bank's accounting control plan
- Ensure the good coordination with group's Financial Reporting in head office/off-shore teams and Finance teams in various location; especially contribute to the pre-closing coordination process
- Participate to UATs on Financial Reporting systems and tools
- Participate to Finance Project(s) linked to Head Office Financial Reporting
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to Forecast reporting tool
- Contribute to inter-company transactions reconciliation
- Participate / Contribute to transversal tasks
- Contribute to our client's operational permanent control framework; responsible for the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedure in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Accounting Diploma / degree or equivalent
- Some IAS / IFRS knowledge
- At least 3 years working experience; preferably with bank(s)
- Some Head Office financial reporting experience
- Advanced Excel skills needed
- Strong analytical mind, sound communication, and team spirit mind-set
- Datawarehouse knowledge
- Data mining skill (such as Business Object)
- Knowledge of French GAAP; an advantage
- Knowledge of ISM, BALI, Matisse and Cartesis Finance reporting tool
- Capital Market knowledge
About Our Client
Our client is a prestigious international bank with a long history of providing corporate banking solutions to businesses and to large local companies, financial institutions and multinationals. We look for talented, tenacious individuals who are hungry to progress and eager to grow their knowledge.
To be considered for this role, click on the ‘Apply’ button below.
Values and Diversity
Dynamic working gives everyone at our client the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager. They are an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. It is the policy of our client to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, colour, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.