Actuarial Associate / Actuarial Assistant
At Prudential, we understand that success comes from the talent and commitment of our people. Together, we have a shared vision in securing the future of our customers and our communities. We strive to build a business that you can shape, an inclusive workplace where everyone's ideas are valued and a culture where we can thrive together. Our people stay connected and tuned in to what's happening around us, keeping us ahead of the curve. While focused on the long-term, we look to the future to bring growth, development and benefit to everyone whose lives we touch.
IFRS 17 Technical & Financial Workstream sets out the technical interpretations, ensures compliance with the IASB Standard and Group accounting policies, performs financial deep-dive & technical analysis and drive appropriate actions to meet Group's financial & strategic objectives.
The key responsibilities of the role are mainly to support the study on technical interpretation, assist to perform technical & financial analysis under IFRS 17 reporting basis and support the supervisor in setting out the financial implications throughout the implementation. Accountabilities:
- Technical Interpretation: Provide technical support on IFRS 17 analysis and study assigned by the supervisor, which includes technical interpretation, financial analysis, and considerations of implementing new processes and systems
- Financial Impact Assessment: Perform various deep-dive analysis and technical assessment based on the guidance from the supervisor; Produce the scenario tests and sensitivities results to facilitate the technical discussion and decision for the supervisor
- Analytic Tool Development: Build the analytic and consolidation tools to facilitate the implementation and future reporting process
- Process Transformation: Assist in process changes and implementation to enhance efficiency and effectiveness in order to fulfill the objectives of the IFRS 17 Project
- Governance and Controls: Assist in the maintenance of robust actuarial governance and compliance framework
- Good progress in actuarial examinations
- University graduate
- At least 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Solid experience in life insurance industry, preferably with actuarial valuation or modelling experience
- Strong technical, analytical and problem-solving skills
- A team player with good interpersonal skills
- Good command of both spoken and written English and Chinese