Actuarial Manager - HSBC Life
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
HSBC Life is a world-class institution where you can specialise in Insurance but enjoy the advantages that come with being part of a leading global international bank. Insurance is about people, and the promises they make. At HSBC Life we help deliver on these promises by providing a wide variety of life insurance products and services to our clients throughout the Asia-Pacific region.
Our employees enjoy a dynamic and innovative workplace and a world of opportunities to develop their careers in a high-profile growing business segment. We empower our team of high-performing individuals to build skills and explore new experiences to realise the full potential of being part of HSBC.
Together we pursue efficient ways of working. We harness the latest data and technology solutions to achieve meaningful outcomes for our clients. The protection we offer creates broad and lasting impact, helping clients to be healthier, more productive and more confident in their future.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Actuarial Manager
. Principal responsibilities
- Be responsible for daily actuarial working, mainly actuarial analytic related issues, i.e. experience studies and stress testing.
- Provide support to Chief Actuary's Office
- Coordinate with Finance and Chief Actuary's Office in supporting the analysis
- Propose and review the new methodology, assumption and model development
- Comply with regulatory requirement and IHO risk management framework including IFIM
- Ensure the proper control in place as complied with the SOX and IHO standards
- Supervise and train junior staff
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- University graduate in Business Administration, Actuarial Science, Business Finance or related discipline
- Good progress with actuarial examinations, and experience in corporate actuarial may be an advantage
- Strong communication skills and good interpersonal skills
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.