Advisory - Actuarial Services, Financial Services - Senior Associate / Manager
The opportunity In today’s complex business environment, developing a sound strategy using global insight and local reach is critical. As an actuarial professional, you’ll work closely with clients’ actuarial functions to assess their effectiveness and help them identify opportunities for improvement. Working alongside talented colleagues as part of a high-performing team, you’ll help clients adopt new financial reporting standards and support mergers and acquisitions.
Our structured career framework means you’ll continue to develop, whatever level you’re at. And with a truly global integrated network, you’ll liaise with colleagues and clients across sectors and borders. So whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. Your key responsibilities
Skills and attributes for success
- Add value to clients by highlighting and articulating the wider business implications of an actuarial project
- Leverage knowledge or prior experience to evaluate alternative strategies and to develop, present and defend logical conclusions, recommendations and implementation strategies/plans
- Contribute to capability development and actuarial knowledge base through feeding back best practices and redefining tools and techniques as appropriate
- Apply actuarial knowledge and understanding of business issues to produce work products across all phases of a project
- Articulate logical steps to tackle new questions and challenges
- Coach and provide guidance to team members and review their work
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with client
- Identify needs and priorities of existing clients in order to expand consulting opportunities
- Articulate the business case for the value-added or benefits realized from a project
- Play a leading role in successful proposal activities
To qualify for the role you must have
- Good project management, communication and people skill
What working at EY offers
- University / College graduate with at least 7 - 8 years of insurance experience in an actuarial and/or risk-related role for Senior Managers position
- Attained or close to attaining Fellowship in actuarial professional examination
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Knowledge in insurance financial reporting basis, e.g. IFRS, HKICO, Solvency II, RBC, is preferred
- Proficiency in actuarial software, e.g. Prophet, AXIS, is an advantage
- Good command of spoken and written English; Mandarin is an advantage
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, knowledge and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world.