Agile Developer - Information Technology Hong Kong
Current Technology stack
- Designing, developing and releasing Greenfield projects, as well as improving existing services of the bank. We aim to use a "inner source" model where teams can contribute in a decentralized fashion to strategic initiatives.
- All team members are collectively responsible and autonomous for delivering value end to end (design, architecture, development, tests, operations, and support)
- Develop working code using software engineering best practices such as domain driven development, continuous integration and deployment, legacy refactoring
- Participate to testing, deployment and production activities of the team to ensure production stability
- Create or improve micro services exposing restful APIs within the information systems, deploy and scale them to production in docker containers
- Create or improve UIs consuming those business APIs targeted at end users using modern frontend frameworks
Profile Required Skills:
- Micro services exposing business APIs written in Java 8 using Spring boot
- Micro service exposing Business Intelligence / Data endpoints using Python, Pandas, Flask, and soon machine learning librairies such as scikit-learn
- Orchestration and production infrastructure using docker EE
- UIs using React or Angular + Bootstrap
Proven years of Core Java development (Java 8, Spring Boot) or solid knowledge of Python and analytics libraries, plus one or more of the following:
- Hands-on experience with modern JS frameworks (React, Angular) and RESTful API (Swagger)
- Previous experience in Agile, continuous delivery (Jenkins)
- Knowledge of Docker is a plus
Business Insight Department Description
- Welcomes and embraces changes and enjoys delivering working solutions to the business
- Prefers trial/error and quick iterations (weeks) over following a 6 month plan
- Business people and developers must work together daily throughout the project
- Prefers direct communication (face to face when possible)
- Working software is the primary measure of progress
- Continuous attention to technical excellence and good design
- Keeps things simple and clear to understand
The job involves supporting CLD processes with technology. It consists mainly on the development of a Global KYC platform on SGMarkets (kyc.sgmarkets.com). This platform supports the automation of a lot of client lifecycle operations such as onboarding, reviews and events.
The team has mandate to explore all pertinent solutions, interface and collaborate with subject matter experts in the departments they are supporting, and deliver strategic value for the bank in quick iterations. Teams are expected to favor individuals and interactions, working software, customer collaboration, and embracing change.
This is a great opportunity for developers passionate about modern technologies who want to make an impact both locally and globally within the Bank.
We are looking for Agile Developers who are curious to understand and challenge processes, propose creative solutions, and develop them as part of a dynamic team.
We are an equal opportunities employer
and we are proud to make diversity a strength for our company. Societe Generale is committed to recognizing and promoting all talents
, regardless of their beliefs, age, disability, parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, sexual or gender identity, sexual orientation, membership of a political, religious, trade union or minority organisation, or any other characteristic that could be subject to discrimination.
Job code: 20000JUO
Business unit: Societe Generale Hong Kong Branch
Starting date: 01/11/2020
Date of publication: 21/09/2020