Anti-Financial Crime - Regional Head, Regulatory Principles, Governance and Engagement - Vice President
Position Overview Details of the Division and Team:
Regulation, Compliance and Anti-Financial Crime (AFC) protect the integrity and reputation of Deutsche Bank. They manage the Bank's risks and help to avoid unintentional rule breaches and conflicts of interest. At the same time, they also advise us on ethical conduct and governance issues and keep our organisation up-to-date on regulatory and political challenges.
Our AFC team is responsible for protecting Deutsche Bank from financial and reputational losses incurred by financial crimes by assessing, controlling and mitigating risks. Risk types related to Anti-Financial Crime are consolidated in a comprehensive and effective risk management framework that covers Anti-Money-Laundering, Sanctions & Embargoes, Anti-Fraud, Bribery & Corruption and Investigations.
The AFC Regulatory Principles, Governance and Engagement (RPG&E) team's mandate is to ensure that relevant law, regulation and rules are identified, interpreted and understood by AFC, so that AFC may then ensure that these are understood across Deutsche Bank and that that bank has in place all necessary controls. This involves identifying relevant new law and regulation prior to implementation; and ensuring Deutsche Bank understands it and puts in place necessary policies and controls in respect of it.
The RPG&E team also leads AFC's involvement in litigation and other contentious matters, as well as complex legal issues involving the department. As well as colleagues across AFC, the team works closely with Legal and Compliance colleagues. RPG&E's team mandate is global. Its agenda is set by both the Global Head of RPG&E and, for each region, the Regional Head of AFC. Members of the RPG&E team will deal both with projects and matters that are region-specific; and with global projects and matters, involving multiple locations. What we will offer you:
A healthy, engaged and well-supported workforce are better equipped to do their best work and, more importantly, enjoy their lives inside and outside the workplace. That's why we are committed to providing an environment with your development and wellbeing at its center. You can expect:
Your key responsibilities:
- Competitive Salary and non-contributory pension
- 20 days annual leave plus generous number of public holidays
- Life Assurance and Private Healthcare for you and your family
- A range of flexible benefits including retail discounts, gym benefits, wellbeing incentives
- The opportunity to support a wide ranging CSR program plus take volunteering leave days
Your skills and experience:
- The Regional head of RPG&E will be responsible for managing the RPG&E workload in APAC. Report formally to the Regional Head of AFC; matrix reporting line to the Global Head of RPG&E, workload will be determined by the Global Head, RPG&E, in consultation with the Regional head of AFC.
- Responsible for ensuring that regional RPG&E projects and matters, or regional inputs into global projects and matters, are delivered to a high standard and in a timely fashion. Projects and matters will cover all aspects of RPG&E's mandate, from identification and interpretation of law, to contentious and complex legal matters as they arise. Central RPG&E team available for administrative support as necessary.
- As Regional Head of the function, you will have oversight on matters related to Regulatory and Group Audit including coordinating audit read-across work functionally and regionally; support Monitorship matters in coordination with global teams and across departments. Ensure continued implementation of the AFC policy and training frameworks and initiatives, both from a Global perspective and also from in region (ensuring BaFin and local APAC country requirements are implemented).
- Ensuring Regulatory exam preparation, support & oversight during the exam and implementation of all Regulatory findings, with the relevant AFC Regional & Country functions is executed to the required standard and they receive the required support.
- Implementation of a substantial number of both new and enhanced policies, to ensure global consistency and adherence to local country laws (as they change) / industry best practices, in the APAC region. Managing all internal audits, working closely with all regional and country AFC teams, internal audit and business to ensure appropriate resolution & implementation of all audit findings (including look across the region, where applicable)
How we'll support you:
- Educated to at least good undergraduate degree standard
- Preferably, have a professional qualification (legal qualifications are particularly desirable)
- Substantial experience as an AFC or Compliance officer, or as an in-house lawyer, in a credible financial services organization
- Substantial project management experience and AFC knowledge required to ensure global and regional Regulatory Governance & Enforcement projects and matters, are delivered to a high standard
- Excellent at advising senior management with great skill, role requires significant stakeholder interaction both in region and global, engagement is across AFC, CRO, Business, infrastructure functions
About us and our teams:
- Flexible working to assist you balance your personal priorities
- Coaching and support from experts in your team
- A culture of continuous learning to aid progression
- A range of flexible benefits that you can tailor to suit your needs
- Training and development to help you excel in your career
Deutsche Bank is the leading German bank with strong European roots and a global network. Click here to see what we do. Deutsche Bank & Diversity
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.