Application Delivery Manager - Group Strategy & Projects (Innovation Lab)
The HKEX Innovation Lab was set up in 2018 as an elite unit tasked with accelerating creative ideas and new technology for HKEX and its markets.
An integral part of the business reporting to the HKEX Co-President, the Innovation Lab has delivered numerous successful initiatives into full production, including a firm-wide robotic process automation programme; three bespoke AI-powered business intelligence tools; paid project partnerships with three different Chinese FinTech start-ups; a data science collaboration with Hong Kong University; and the origination of Hong Kong's biggest IPO market structure reform in a generation. The HKEX Innovation Lab also plays an active role in Hong Kong's FinTech community through both public and private sector initiatives.
The HKEX Innovation Lab is seeking an Application Delivery Manager to spearhead the deployment of state-of-the-art business platforms in Hong Kong's capital markets.
This is a rare opportunity for a talented and motivated individual to get close-up exposure to the world's fastest-growing capital markets, and to take on significant, intellectually rewarding and technologically advanced projects that contribute directly to Hong Kong's standing as a leading international financial centre.
The most forward-thinking and technologically advanced projects in the HKEX portfolio are overseen by the HKEX Innovation Lab. You will work closely with HKEX business leaders, in-house IT teams and technology partners to bring these projects to life through strong application design, development and deployment. Some projects that you may work on include:
Job responsibilities :
- building a new application to transform how HKEX collaborates with investment banks, brokers, share registrars and lawyers to seamlessly process 'mega' IPOs in Hong Kong
- implementing a new Open API infrastructure for market data, which allows HKEX to pursue creative data partnerships with external FinTech partners;
- helping HKEX's frontline regulatory teams deploy ground-breaking knowledge mapping tools to visualise our markets;
- overseeing the roll-out of new natural language processing algorithms specifically designed to help with HKEX's role as a market operator;
- participating in the technical vetting and investment evaluation of large and small FinTech solution partners to work with HKEX.
- transform requirements into solution architecture and blueprints, guided by industry best practice, previous successful design patterns and HKEX enterprise architecture
- provide a technology perspective to business colleagues to help guide their roadmap and prioritisation when considering and implementing specific technology solutions
- provide end-to-end solution design details, driven implementation and act as the bridge between business and IT teams or external vendors
- manage application delivery projects together with external technology vendors and HKEX's Application Development, Infrastructure and Operations Teams
- plan and manage internal and external project resources to ensure delivery of project outputs within agreed parameters and timelines
- minimise risk exposures by identifying and proactively managing risks and issues affecting projects, including financial and operational
- identify use case and technology synergies across different business lines and projects
- provide project progress reporting as required.
- 10+ years in a technology function in the Financial Services industry.
- Experience in software engineering and application delivery is advantageous
- Execution Oriented: can convert plans into reality.
- Agile: can absorb, analyse, condense and act on new information quickly.
- Motivated: eager to lead positive change, including motivating project team members.
- Visible: have opinions, communicate them persuasively, and build the trust of others
- Project leadership experience in a large corporate or similar-maturity environment
- Strong analytical skills with pragmatic, multi-dimensional thinking
- Ability to simplify and clearly communicate complex concepts and relationships
- Ability to collaborate and manage multiple interest groups during a project
- Experience in Agile methodology
- Written and spoken presentation-level fluency in English, with Cantonese and Mandarin is advantageous
Applicants who do not hear from us within 6 weeks may consider their applications unsuccessful. Personal data provided will only be used for the purpose of employment application to HKEX.