- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
Applications Support Senior Group Manager
Applications Support Senior Group Manager
- Primary Location: Hong Kong SAR of PRC,Hong Kong,Hong Kong
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Technology
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: Yes, 10 % of the Time
- Job ID: 18043338
Citi is an equal opportunities employer with 12,000 offices in 140 countries around the globe. We have been around for nearly two centuries and over that time, have cultivated the world's largest financial services network. Today, Citi is built on the experience of 300,000 employees.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual to be responsible for the ASIA MSST Production Support organization. The primary objectives for this role is to lead application support and maintenance, vendor management, ensure stability across all the trading environments, and be a champion for change and collaboration. You will be a member of the senior management team reporting directly to the Managing Director of Global MSST, supporting over 1,000 applications. This role will lead all MSST ASIA based support staff which is around 250 Full Time Employees and 200 vendor staff.
- Provide strong analytical and business management support to the MSST business and IT Teams, providing key supervisory themes and lead all crisis and incident management processes
- Collaborate closely with all Infrastructure and Development functions for design work and to help develop secure and scalable application solutions.
- Regularly prepare and present team/project reviews to senior management and senior business leaders
- Input into the design and development of system architecture and work with the end-users of the system. Deep dive on the architecture of existing systems to enhance the quality of the work and minimize the support as well as improve stability.
- Ensure staff follow Citi documented policy and procedures
- Ensure change is handled with appropriate controls, clear documentation and necessary approvals including, but not limited to, implementation of new and revised regulatory reporting requirements. You will own all production changes in the MSST ASIA Trading environment including infrastructure changes
- Provide the permit-to-operate for new applications
- Research and resolve issues; provide recommendations; escalate as needed.
- Own and lead ASIA MSST disaster recovery plans.
- Infrastructure and application capacity planning.
- Participate in Critical Site Tests & COB test for supported applications
- Lead and deliver local staff forums, present global, regional and location news encouraging global collaboration
- Contribute to define and Implement standard methodologies for the department. Ensure transparency and consistency across teams in the region and globally
- Ensure team adheres to standard methodologies and process including driving compliance to clockwork, resilience and capacity planning
- Develop positive relationship with the infrastructure & other functional support teams to drive efficiency
- Set measurable / challenging goals for self and team ensuring continuous improvement and self-development of staff
- Ensure development plans are in place for staff
- Lead ASIA Management team and their activities effectively, including effective record keeping and documentation of key people issues. Ensure direct reports and management teams are competent and have clearly defined responsibilities
- Comply with HR performance processes by setting objectives for ASIA Support and conducting mid/full year performance reviews
- Application Support
- 10+ years' in a support/development environment
- Prior experience with Markets Trading technology
- Experience working in a Front Office or other Markets oriented production support desk and responsible for ensuring high availability / critical trading environment
- Ability to efficiently resolve outages in time critical scenarios
- Linux (RedHat or other major distributed technologies)
- Middleware (Tibco RV/EMS or Solace)
- Monitoring tools (ITRS or Nagios)
- Understanding of IPC (Incident, Problem, Change)
- Management methodologies
- Performance Analysis/Troubleshooting
- Understanding and experience of wide scale distributed environments
- Ability to analyse and trouble shoot a wide range of network and Infrastructure issues
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft based operating systems
- Practical experience working with manual or laborious tasks and deriving scope/plan from existing established state to deliver a highly refined and automated replacement
- Developing and improving monitoring toolset in Geneos/ITRS framework
- Good interpersonal and people leadership skills; Commercially driven and aware of market trends
- Committed to making the organisation a better place through the application of technology; Able to adapt to a rapidly changing working environment
- Strong organizational and team management skills; Able to work under stress and to tight deadlines and communicate clearly and concisely
- Uses initiative to act on opportunities; Action and results orientated
- You have good attention to detail and a strong commitment to quality; High levels of personal commitment, professionalism and integrity
- Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team
- Ability to have worked with off-shore teams