Our client, a bulge-bracket investment bank that oversaw a list of the biggest transactions globally in 2019, is in the market for a top-tier IT Project Manager to drive regional projects within APAC. The chosen candidate will play a key role in driving project delivery across some of the most business-critical technology groups within the organization. While the role itself will be based in Hong Kong, the candidate will hold key ownership of initiatives across the China market. For this reason, the candidate must have excellent communication/soft skills in both English and Mandarin.
- Take charge of intersectional projects spanning multiple focus areas in technology, namely infrastructure, development, tech security risk and tech governance.
- Providing critical project management input on the most important regional initiatives of the firm.
- Managing and allocating key resources across multiple teams/groups/divisions/locations.
- Leading and implementing projects from end-to-end.
- Working closely with key stakeholders and overseeing the delivery of technology initiatives on a large-scale.
- Conducting analysis and feasibility studies for upcoming projects.
- Supporting regional project and risk governance processes.
- A strong passion for the financial industry.
- 5-8 years banking technology experience with an established management consulting firm or in financial services.
- Practical and applied project management experience. Exposure to big projects in the technology security space.
- Excellent working knowledge of the financial industry, particularly banking technology and technology risk.
- Great communication skills. Capable of working with and informing C-Level Executives.
- Fluent Mandarin. Must have ability to navigate English-speaking environment of the firm and hold insightful and technical conversations with Mandarin-speaking stakeholders.
- Strong writing skills and an ability to create high-quality written material.
- This role rewards strong organizational skills. Capable of thriving and growing within a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Strong applicable knowledge of the Project Lifecycle (PLC) and System Development Life Cycle (SDLC) components.
- Savvy with MS Project and MS Excel.
Applications for this role are highly competitive. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format Chen Liang at email@example.com and put Asia IT Project Manager - Global Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Asia Tech Risk Manager - Leading Investment Bank
2) APAC Infrastructure Engineering Project Manager - Leading Investment Bank, Singapore
3) FinTech R&D Development Leader - Banking Innovation Lab